CHAPTER 5

Kabir's Pov:

He sighed, his phone was ringing. It was Dhruv. He picked up the call to scold him but was shocked at what he said next,

Dhruv - " Avni's secretary has contacted Vyom's P.A for a meeting at VD AUTOMOBILES in the next 40 minutes." He paused and said " Vyom has agreed." 

Vyom's Pov :

Yesterday was an eventful day, having an usual start it surely ended with a blast. I never knew Dhruv's wedding news could bring such havoc among the three of us. I feel helpless for Dhruv and Amaira. They both are so good they deserve better friends.

I sighed. I know what happened yesterday after I passed out. Because I never passed out. I was acting as I knew once I was involved there is no end to it. And after knowing that "she" is also in the same city or maybe at Amaira's place they would surely have crossed their limits specially, Kabir. But they thought I'm drunk like always. But the truth is I never drank, not even a drop of alcohol has entered my body for the past 6 years. I promised her it was actually not her but my sunshine that I'll never drink and unlike Avni Mehra I keep and stand by my promises. I have mixed sleeping pills along with some other ingredients which make it taste exactly like alcohol but it isn't. I have customized myself enough bottles which I regularly restock whenever they are finished and take care that other than me no one else has my bar's access, not even Dhruv and Kabir. The drink not only has sleeping pills mixed in it but also some other body numbing antidotes making sure that after drinking them I feel nothing. So overall it does all the required things which alcohol does and even more than that but without even a percent of alcohol. 

I am just so freaking tired from my life that I want a break, break from all the responsibilities. I just want to enjoy my life for a while, yesterday I trusted Kabir, I thought he'll not let the situation get out of control but Dhruv smashed his hand on the wall so badly his knuckles were bleeding and whenever he's stressed he falls sick. The same happened yesterday too, how the hell Kabir can be so aggressive and let the situation go to this extent . Once I was dropped by Kabir in my room considering the fact that I had passed out in front of them and was lying unconscious there . After that he went into the washroom to get changed, came back, checked on me then later went to Dhruv's room. I waited all this while for him to come back and sleep in his room . His ways and his behavior might appear wrong but he was just being protective for me forgetting that the other person was not just anyone but our Dhruv. His protectiveness doesn't defend his anger issues. Once he slept I immediately got on my toes and went to Dhruv's room. I am just so angry with Kabir especially after watching Dhruv like this. He has no control over his temper. We both know very well about how protective Dhruv is for Avni. And no matter whatever she has done, he has no right to comment on a girl's character or her behavior that's unethical and cannot be justified by any explanation. 

I checked Dhruv's temperature and as expected it was 102°. I immediately stood up, went to the kitchen and brought a bowl half filled with water and took a bunch of napkins.

I did every possible thing which I knew to reduce Dhruv's fever. Put two blankets over him, switched on the heater, rubbed his palms and feet, and kept a wet napkin on his forehead, replacing it with another wet napkin continuously. I might sound desperate, but I didn't want to lose him or get hurt by anything and knowing the fact that I'm the reason behind his condition, I cannot stay still. Other than my family Dhruv, Kabir and Abhishek are the only people I am left with. Even though Abhishek never contacted us after that day, I understand it was never easy for any of us. Whereas Dhruv and Kabir stayed back, Abhishek disappeared but he was and will always be my family.

Finally, after a while the temperature dropped around 2am. I silently tidied up everything and went back to check on Kabir also. It wasn't an easy day for him too, we both always wanted to see each other happily settled down with our partners. Dhruv's wedding is one of the happiest moments I can ever think of, but never thought it would happen like this. Thankfully Kabir was also in a sound sleep.