CHAPTER 4

I screamed and screamed till there was no voice left in my throat. Since I was continuously crying for almost an hour, I had no power left in me. I was just staring at nothing with my red-swollen eyes and tear-stricken face. I needed a break. But I knew that I cannot back out now. I have come this far, not to see my emotions winning over myself.

Author's POV:

Her trembling hands took out another diary. Avni was having another panic attack, she was short of breath but yet she read the poem with all the love adoration she could ever have.

"The sky is dark but my eyes shine.

Your presence behind me lightens my room along with my soul.

Hazel brown eyes made me spellbound. A magic I want to last for a lifetime."

The lines were written below a sketch of Avni. She smiles, reminiscing the old days.

Flashback:

Avni was sitting on the bed. Vyom entered the room and saw the untouched plate of food.

Vyom started scolding Avni. " Why are you so careless Avni, you had a light fever this morning. You need to rest and take care of yourself. I told you to have the food along with the medicine right?! I should have found you sleeping.  But no, you are sitting there. God knows what you are doing there without having your lunch and medicines ". She didn't respond, but soon tears started to roll down her cheeks. Vyom panicked, he ran to her and sat down on his knees. He held her face softly in his hands and said " sorry sorry sunshine, sorry for yelling at you. I am sorry, but please don't cry. You very well know I hate tears." He wiped the tears flowing down her cheeks and hugged her. After a while, when she wasn't responding, he asked " What happened sunshine, why aren't you speaking? What happened to my chatterbox?" Avni moved away from him and said " you don't love me anymore, you haven't made any sketches of mine recently."
Vyom took a relieved breath and said " sorry I was busy in deal na". But Avni was adamant and said " I'll have food only when you'll make a sketch of me right now!!"
Vyom sighed and picked up his diary and within 10 minutes he made a beautiful sketch of his Sunshine. He knew that whenever she falls ill she behaves childish. But he loved it, as it gives him a chance to pamper his sunshine a little more.
He showed the sketch to Avni. She was happy for a moment but then frowned and said " you have to write a few lines about the girl in the sketch. " she demanded. Vyom was astonished about how a girl coming to his shoulders was bossing him around. He then tried and wrote a few lines. Once he was done, it was disheartening for him to watch her upset thus he stood up with the portrait in his one hand, held the other one for her made her stand up the on the bed only while was he was on the floor but still there wasn't any height difference that could cause them any inconvenience. He slowly twirled her around, constantly holding the frame in his hand only. Then again got down on his knees again making Avni squeal in excitement because just like every other time he looked at her with all the love that could be there in the world, like she was his everything, she was his angel, his guiding light. They weren't dancing to music but on the rhythm of Vyom's lines, he was all the while reciting those lines with a smile and his smile was all that mattered to Avni.

Flashback ends.

Avni smiled in her tears, remembering their golden moments. Even when writing was Avni's job, Vyom still wrote the lines for her, to fulfill her silly demand. In all this, Avni's panic attack was long gone.

She stood up and kept all the things back in their place. Had her tablets, picked up her laptop and started to work on the problem in hand.

This time she will not let her loved ones suffer due to her chaos, be it her friends or her love.

Next morning:

Avni entered her cabin scanning the documents in one hand and a cup of black coffee in the other.
She sat at her desk in a majestic manner, placed the file on the tabletop and started working on the laptop. Seeing her like this, one can surely doubt her ancestors were royals.
After an hour, she had an evil smirk on her face, looking at the screen and placing her third coffee cup on the stand. She intercom her secretary.
Secretary- " Yes ma'am, what help can I be to you."
Avni - "Arrange a meeting with VD Automobile's CEO."

VD Automobiles:

After last night, everyone was in a daze. Dhruv was forcefully kept at home by Kabir. Kabir was guilty of his words, he was feeling upset that his best friend had to listen all this because of someone else, that too Avni.

Kabir's Pov:

"Yesterday Dhruv announced the biggest event of his life, he shared about his wedding, the day, and to be precise the moment for which I have waited so long." I thought sadly but yet there was a soothing happiness suppressing all my worries and just evoking the blissful feeling of how my friend is finally going to settle down with his love of life. I suddenly remembered about our college days when Dhruv and Amaira just started to date. Dhruv acted like a teenager, I and Vyom we both used to tease him and even ask him what he'll do if their relationship didn't work out but Dhruv always used to answer with a shine in his eyes and a smile on his lips " I have faith in my love."  We were never worried about him much regarding his Amaira's relationship because, as his best friend, when he started to see Amaira, we did a thorough background check on her. I know it's unethical but we had to make sure if she is the right one for him or not. But we were satisfied. And everything was going fine, Amaira and Dhruv, even Navya had also started to open up but maybe it was the silence before the storm. A storm which destroyed many lives.

A notification on my phone brought me back to the real world. I have been waiting for Vyom since morning in his cabin. It's 11am and he is nowhere to be found.

Even last night, around 5am, I did hear some yelling and yelps from his room. When I reached there, I found him sitting in the center of his bed, sweat covering his forehead. I tried to ask him but, without answering anything, he went straight to the gym and around 8am left his house. This has become his schedule now.
And all this is because of Avni. Both my best friends are suffering. One has the reason to be happy but cannot celebrate it and the other has lost every reason to be happy. He sighed, his phone was ringing. It was Dhruv. He picked up the call to scold him but was shocked at what he said next, Dhruv - " Avni's secretary has contacted Vyom's P.A for a meeting at VD AUTOMOBILES in the next 40 minutes." He paused and said " Vyom has agreed." 

Thank you so much for coming this far!! Do comment your favourite part and vote the story. And be right here for further updates.