CHAPTER 16

Avni's Pov :

And there I could see Vyom sitting there in a crisp black shirt hugging his body like a second skin, along with a black blazer. And just like that to add cherry on top he removed his blazer, passed it to his assistant and rolled up his sleeves up till his elbows and with just that he was now flexing his veiny arms. I know this is wrong, till the time I was thinking about him it was still okay but now staring at him as if only I can look at him isn't the correct thing.
As I struggled to regain my composure, I became acutely aware of the intensity of my feelings, a realization that sent a pang of unease through me. How had I allowed myself to become so distracted by Vyom, to the point where I could barely focus on anything else? This question, clouded my thoughts with uncertainty.
But I just don't know what has happened to me after that flight. All those locked emotions are suddenly up all in my mind making it hazy. After few moments when I realized that whatever it is I just cannot be there with Vyom under one roof with Vyom under one roof especially not when I just freaking keep a check on myself and just simply end up checking him out only, I was about to step back but the Chairman Mr. Wong noticed me, and gestured to me to come there.
I was going towards Mr. Wong only but there was an annoying obstacle in my path. " Hey, Avni, how are you? It's been really long since we met" Ronit said. Ronit Roy is one of the major shareholders. I always wonder if he's left with some dignity and respect or not. The last time we met in this same meeting only he was about trying some healthy flirting with me, and was very decently first got warned by me then even was stopped and threatened by Eric, my bodyguard. I thought that he must have learnt his lesson by now, but I guess I was wrong." Mr. Roy I really don't understand how does it even concern this meeting that if we have or haven't met in a long time or not, and since this is irrelevant to me I really don't want to continue this conversation. " I completed and stepped ahead he again started his blabbering       " Uh-uh why are you always in a hurry Avni, and Ronit just simply sounds better, Mr. Roy just makes me feel like an oldie. And well us not hanging out might not concern this meeting or the board of members but it surely does to me, Avni." He completed and started walking towards me " An oldie or shall I rephrase an old hag will always sound like an old hag only, Mr. Roy " I replied sweetly emphasizing Mr. Roy. "My dear Avni I really admire this outrageous nature of yours, moreover you have never spent any time with me, to know how and in which ways this meeting would be completely necessary to me and how young I am." he said cockily smirking at the end. Now, he has pulled the wrong string. I stepped ahead, very sweetly put my hand on his cheeks and caressing it said" then what are we waiting for, let's make this meeting worthy" softly pulled him towards me grabbed his collar and kicked him hard in his guts, not once or twice but multiple times so that even the doctor know that how memorable this meet of ours was. Not only that but also slapped him almost twenty times and left him only when he was lying there on the ground helplessly with a bruised and swollen face. Soon Eric was there he quickly handled him and understood by my expressions that this person doesn't deserve anything less than the third degree torture. In less than five minutes Roy was taken care of. He truly deserved this. I don't give him a damn about what he does in his personal life but even after being earned by Eric, my personal bodyguard once, he still had the audacity to talk rubbish to me. And no messes with Avni Mehra and if he does then is only granted with hell.

As I stepped out of the conference room, the echoes of the meeting still resonating in my mind, I couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude towards Mr. Wong. Despite the fact that he had no direct involvement in the incident that had transpired, his gesture of personally coming to apologize spoke volumes about his character. Mr. Wong was not just a respected elder; he was the epitome of integrity and kindness, a beacon of wisdom in a world often marred by selfishness and disregard.  The meeting got rescheduled, it now got scheduled for tomorrow as everyone needs to settle down things around.

After coming back to my room I got back to my work and reviewed the presentation, checked all the mails and even mailed my secretary the tasks she needed to do there. Had a successful meeting with the Department Heads of Mehra Corporations. In the meeting As the discussions unfolded one of the major concerns the heads showed was our merger with the VD Automobiles. I proposed the merger to get Vyom there in the wedding without Abhishek. And formulated the plan in such a way that even he cannot look for any loophole.

I am not planning to tell this to anyone anytime, whatever I could let them I let Navya retrieve it but nothing else. This is a forbidden chapter of my life which only I have access to. I am the tormentor of my own life but cannot put any other life at stake. After watching Navya's accident I relived all those moments which I cannot even sustain in my worst nightmare. Thus, I just can't let even his shadow linger at a miles distance on this auspicious occasion of Dhruv and Amaira's wedding.

I know they both aren't talking about their wedding but just a few more days and they'll get it just how they always imagined. I'll make sure that their dream wedding happens.  I just need a few more days and then both the company's will be together through this merger where both of them will be at advantage in professional as well as personal front. I was in my thoughts only when there was a knock on the door. There stood Eric, with a packet in his hands, I understood it was my today's flight footage. Eric travels everywhere with me but not on flights, he still somehow keeps an eye on his job but with respect to my orders Eric or no other bodyguard is there in the same coach of the flight with me. I can very easily take my private jet, but I like flights. I like how they are up in the sky among the clouds with so many people who were with us from the start, some might leave us on the way and some go with us till the very end and all are strangers.
But for a security check they always get me the footage of my flight, so that I can see if someone tries or not to intrude on my privacy or breach my personal spacing coach which is especially alloted to me. Because I just simply put all my worries aside and let god fly me wherever he wants.

Thank you so much for coming this far!! Do comment your favourite part and vote the story. And be right here for further updates.