Chapter 7

You called Ansel that evening and you made plans to get coffee tomorrow afternoon. 

"What do you mean your busy?" Levi strides over to you in jealousy.

"I'm going to get coffee with someone."

"You can't do that."

"And why not?" you cross your arms, "We weren't officially announced a couple, so I can do whatever I want."

"But we had sex."

"Um, I don't think so. I was angry at you, for me," it  almost  killed you to say it, "you were like a one night stand."

"I'm your first though."

"And that was my first mistake." you look at your wrist watch, "I have to go now, Mr. Ackerman."

As you leave, Levi crosses his arms. He sighs in envy, he angrily bites his lip and purposely flexes his biceps (usually doing this when he's mad).

"Didn't think you were going to show up." Ansel smiles and lightly punches your arm. 

"I had to get away from the boss once in a while," you shyly glance at the hard wood floor. "He's very funny and can be a bother, but I still like him."

"Let me guess. Is it Levi?"

"What are you doing stalking me?" you tease and playfully punch his arm. 

After a couple hours of basically just pigging out on 4 cups of coffee, you return back to Levi's studio and he kisses you quickly. You stay in his embrace for a moment or two. 

"Well, someone missed me."

"Yeah." he doesn't say much. 

"What's wrong, Levi? Did I do something? Has there been an accident?" he could tell there was worry and fear in your voice. You didn't want to lose Levi nor did he want to lose you. 

He sighs and strokes his forehead back and forth a couple times. Running his fingers through his hair he frowns, "You only have 2 more weeks here in Hollywood. I found out last night, but I knew you were asleep so I didn't want to wake you."

"That's impossible!" you cross your arms and look nervously over Levi's shoulder. "I nearly have 4 months left here. There must be some mistake."

"Ok listen," Levi gently grabs your shoulders and places you in a chair. He holds your hand as he is about to speak, he knows this will be hard for you to hear. "Back in Oklahoma, there was a massacre. The police have now confirmed that your parents are in the hospital."

"But why am I staying here for 2 weeks, I should be at the hospital now, with my mom." you clench his hand tightly, "And my papa." You feel your cheeks burn up, and your tear ducts fill.

Levi sighs again, "Because, there will be another killing on the border, is what the police suspect. The state is bringing in more police and FBI and agents, to stop the community of murderers. They took in a few members but not all."

"I don't understand? How can regular people, of which I knew, do this? There has to be a reason."

"People to crazy things all the time. The officials in Oklahoma think that they should have the community under control and behind bars within that amount of time. They told thousands of people to avoid crossing into the state and even staying in their homes near the border. The group hasn't spread yet, but if they succeed they will."

"But why would they target Oklahoma. It's like the most remote thing to happen there. Levi, I have to go to my parents." You stand up but he caring like, and tightly, he clenches your shoulders. "No. It's to dangerous. And I care about you. You can't leave. You can't die."