Chapter 10

A/N Hey guys! Long time right :)  Finally I have updated the story after a grueling three months. All my fault though no blame on anyone else! Anyway I hope you all enjoy this chapter and more to come! :)

You wake up the next morning next to Levi, your head woozy. You stand up fast without even thinking and you almost fall over. A thought runs through your head- am I pregnant?  You throw on some clothes and catch a taxi to the nearest drug store. You watch the tinted windows reflect the wavy buildings in the city. 

"Can you wait out here? I'll only be a minuet." 

"It'll cost you extra." the driver huffs, his tone irritated.

Quickly you rush in and buy the pregnancy test box. You pay the driver extra to hurry up and thank him as you leave the car into the penthouse. Levi was waiting on the couch, his face buried in his hands, hunched over his knees. 

"(Y/N) where did you go?"

"Drugstore." you hold up the colored box. 

"Oh shit. That's right." he remembered that he never used protection or even asked you if you were on the pill. 

"I'm gonna go get this tested, then I'll call my mom."

Levi tried repressing the fears of what your mom and dad would think of him. He could see the headlines now, Ackerman and intern pregnant!? Not only would it humiliate him, he imagined how you would feel about being on a front page, nation wide. You come back staring down at the stick, eyes gaping open. It read positive. A tear falls from your face.

A/N Want the baby? Keep reading this chapter! Wish to not have the baby? Chapter 11 is for you 

"We're having a baby." you smile and look up at Levi. 

"Really?" his voice was surprised but overjoyed. "We're having a baby!" He picks you up and spins you around. "We gotta call your mom and get this place ready!" 

"Levi, I want an ultrasound but we have to wait a couple weeks, just to be sure."

He went into puppy dog mode, "But we can still prepare right?"

"Of course." You kiss his cheek. "I'm gonna put mom on speaker phone ok? I'll do the talking."

Your fingers shake a little as you dial her number. You're so nervous but also excited.

"Hello?"

"Hi mom, it's me, you're on speaker."

"(Y/N), it's been so long since you've called! How are you doing?" Levi snickered at her cheery voice.

"I know mom." you swallow the small lump in your throat, "I have some big news."

"What is it?"

"In 9 months time, you'll be a grandma."

She didn't say anything back for half a minuet. Over the line, you could hear her chocking up. "Can you say that again?" you knew she wouldn't believe her almost 18 year old daughter was pregnant.

"I'm gonna have a baby mom."

"Get your apartment ready, I'm coming to California. I'll see you in a few hours, I love you."

"I love you too mom." you press end call and tackle Levi. 

"She's coming here! She'll get to meet you! This is so exciting!!"

"I think we should clean up this place first, right?"

You pause, "Yes! And we need to get this place into baby shape and new clothes for me and the baby!"

"Didn't you want to be sure?"

"I have a feeling she or he is there."

For the next 5 hours, you and Levi go from store to store buying baby supplies. Cribs, bottles, all that stuff. Of course people notice you don't put out but are still happy for you. Back at the penthouse, Levi gets a 'professional' fortune teller to come over for 30 minuets. Fortunately she was also a gyno in the past.

She takes your palms and massages them with her enlightening touch. "I have a feeling your baby could be a boy. In 4 months, you need to tie a ring to a string, if it goes back a forth it'll be a boy. Or if the ring follows in a circle it indicates a girl. If you don't believe any of this, I know a lovely gyno doctor. I'll see you later." she gets up and leaves.

You turn and face Levi. "I hope it's a boy."

"I don't care what it is," he approaches you, "We're getting a baby." he kisses your cheek.