chapter 43: the meeting part 3

The trial against Riser Phenex continued, the courtroom still charged with tension and anticipation. Andrea, the prosecutor, meticulously presented evidence, testimonies, and magical analyses to build a compelling case against the notorious devil.

Andrea:Your Honor

Andrea began, addressing Sirzechs,

Andrea:the evidence against Riser Phenex is not only substantial but deeply troubling. Multiple victims have come forward, bravely sharing their experiences of abuse, coercion, and, in some cases, rape.

Riser, though maintaining a facade of defiance, couldn't entirely conceal the unease that flickered in his eyes. The devils in the room, including his own peerage, watched attentively as the details of his crimes were laid bare.

Andrea continued

Andrea:We have statements from former members of Riser's peerage who suffered under his tyranny. These testimonies paint a vivid picture of the systemic abuse he inflicted upon those who were supposed to be under his protection.

The room was hushed, the weight of the revelations sinking in. Some devils exchanged uneasy glances, while others struggled to reconcile the image of Riser as a noble devil with the disturbing reality painted by the evidence.

As Andrea proceeded with the presentation, she highlighted expelled church records documenting the coercion of nuns, expulsion of churches, and the overall reign of terror Riser imposed in pursuit of his desires.

Sirzechs, maintaining a stern demeanor, addressed Riser directly,

Sirzechs:Riser Phenex, you are accused of heinous crimes that go against the very principles of our society. How do you respond to these charges?

Riser, attempting to regain composure, scoffed,

Riser:This is a conspiracy orchestrated to tarnish my reputation. None of these accusations hold any merit.

Andrea, undeterred, countered,

Andrea:The victims have spoken, and the evidence speaks louder than your denial. Your actions have caused immense suffering, and justice demands accountability.

The courtroom became a battleground of words, evidence, and emotions. The devils present bore witness to the unfolding trial, the revelations pushing the boundaries of what they believed to be possible within their own society. As the proceedings continued, the fate of Riser Phenex hung in the balance, the weight of his crimes threatening to tip the scales of justice against him.

Andrea, the prosecutor, continued to press forward with the trial against Riser Phenex. The atmosphere in the courtroom remained charged as the prosecution brought forth key witnesses to testify against the accused devil.

Andrea:Your Honor,

Andrea addressed Sirzechs

Andrea: I present to you Yubelluna, Riser Phenex's own queen, who has bravely come forward to testify against him. Yubelluna, please share your experiences and shed light on the extent of Riser's actions.

Yubelluna, visibly distressed, began recounting her time as Riser's queen.

Yubelluna:I was subjected to constant abuse, manipulation, and degradation. Riser's desires knew no bounds, and he considered his own queen as nothing more than a tool for his pleasure.

The courtroom listened in stunned silence as Yubelluna detailed the horrors she endured under Riser's rule. Some devils shifted uncomfortably, unable to reconcile the noble image of the Phenex clan with the darkness that lurked within.