chapter 53:an unknown war pt 1

As Asia and Koneko took turns feeding me, the atmosphere was surprisingly relaxed, given the hectic events that had transpired recently.

Asia:Here comes another bite

Asia said with a warm smile, gently bringing a forkful of food to my mouth.

Koneko, sitting beside her, rolled her eyes playfully.

Koneko:Spoiling him too much, Asia. He can feed himself, you know.

Asia chuckled.

Asia:I just thought it would be nice to take care of him for a change. We all need a break from the usual chaos.

I nodded appreciatively, savoring the taste of the meal.

Me:It's a welcomed change. Thanks, Asia. And Koneko, feel free to spoil me too.

She smirked, pretending to be annoyed.

Koneko:Don't get used to it, Takahashi.

As we continued the casual banter, the school cafeteria buzzed with students going about their day. Despite the supernatural challenges we faced, this moment provided a brief respite-a semblance of normalcy.

Asia:So, Danny,

Asia began

Asia: what's the plan for today? Any devilish deeds or just a regular day?"

I grinned.

Me:Well, considering the recent chaos, I could use a break. Maybe just attend some classes and pretend to be a regular student.

Koneko raised an eyebrow.

Koneko:Pretend? You're practically the opposite of a regular student.

Now that's not nice

"True," I admitted with a chuckle.

Me:But let's keep the low-profile act for today.

They both laughed, the carefree sound echoing in the cafeteria. As the lunchtime chatter continued around us, it was a reminder that even in the supernatural world, there were moments of simplicity and camaraderie.

"So," Asia said, changing the topic,

Asia:have you heard anything from the others? Ravel, Serafall, or the Ember Rising faction?

I shook my head.

Me: not yet. I'll check in with them later. For now, let's enjoy this peaceful interlude. Who knows when the next storm will hit.

We shared more laughter and conversation, savoring the ordinary amidst the extraordinary. Little did we know that the calmness we enjoyed in that moment would soon be replaced by the unpredictable currents of the supernatural world.

I was greeted by a working Sona she was the only one present in the room

Sona: I need attention

Sona looked up from her work, her expression a mix of annoyance and amusement.

Sona:Danny, I'm busy with student council matters. Can it wait?

I pouted playfully.

Me:Come on, Sona, I need some attention. You can spare a few minutes, can't you?

She sighed, setting aside her paperwork.

Me:Fine, what is it?

I approached her with a mischievous grin.

Me: I  was thinking we could sneak out and grab some ice cream. Take a break from all the responsibilities.

Sona raised an eyebrow.