chapter 66

Kiba's sincere apology echoed in the air, and I couldn't deny the weight of his words. Memories of the past flooded back – the struggles, the betrayals, and the pain he had caused. I gazed at him with a mix of emotions, unsure of how to respond.

Me:You put me through hell, Kiba

I said, my tone carrying the weight of the past.

Me:Exile was the least you deserved for what you did.

Kiba lowered his gaze, guilt evident in his eyes.

Kiba:I know I can't change the past. But I've changed, Danny. I've fought to redeem myself, and today, we fought side by side.

I crossed my arms, contemplating his words.

Me:One battle doesn't erase the past, Kiba. It doesn't absolve you of your sins.

He nodded, acknowledging the truth.

Kiba:I don't expect forgiveness. I only want the chance to prove that I've changed, that I can be someone worthy of redemption.

I sighed, the burden of resentment heavy on my shoulders.

Me:Redemption isn't handed out easily. It's earned through actions, not just words.

Kiba looked determined.

Kiba:I'm willing to prove myself, Danny. I won't ask for your forgiveness, but I'll strive to be better."l

Kiba looked at me, searching for any signs of acceptance or understanding. The air between us was heavy with the weight of our shared history.

Kiba:I never expected you to help me, Danny. After everything I did, I thought you'd be the last person to lend a hand

Kiba admitted, a hint of surprise in his expression.

I sighed, a mixture of conflicting emotions bubbling within me.

Me:I don't hate you anymore, Kiba. Maybe I'm just tired of holding onto grudges. It doesn't mean everything's magically okay, though.

He nodded, acknowledging the complexity of our relationship.

Kiba:I'm not seeking a clean slate, Danny. I just want to make amends and prove that I can be better.

I studied him for a moment, contemplating his sincerity.

Me:actions speak louder than words, Kiba. If you're truly committed to change, then show it through your deeds, not just promises.

Kiba's gaze was resolute.

Kiba:I will. I owe you that much.

I sighed, the weight of our conversation heavy on my shoulders.

Me:You can keep the sword. Maybe it's best if you go for now. You have a life outside of all this, right?

Kiba nodded, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

Kiba:"Yeah, I do. But that doesn't mean I'm done fighting for what's right.

I looked around at the remnants of our battle, the scars of our past still etched into the landscape.

Me:Maybe someday

I mused

Me:it could be soon, or maybe not. But I have a feeling we'll fight side by side again.

Kiba's smile widened, a glimmer of hope shining in his eyes.

Kiba:I'll hold you to that, Danny. Until then, take care of yourself.

I sighed as Rai came to stand by my side, his presence a comforting anchor in the chaos that surrounded us.