A New Beginning

The mild breeze that wafts through Cross's bedroom's curtain windows is a welcome but disheartening wake-up call. With a moan, Cross covers himself again with his bed's silky sheets and turns over.

"Just a little while longer." Grumbling under his breath, he nods asleep once more as he enjoys the peaceful sound of Fletchings and Pidgy's chirping outside his window.

At that moment, Cross' blankets are suddenly ripped off of him, causing him to suddenly tumble out of bed.

"Ack-!..Ugh, Umbreon! I told you to stop waking me up like that!" As Cross sits up, he rubs his now red head and peers at his mother's Pokémon, Umbreon, who is seated across from him and wearing a smug expression.

There is a moment of stillness between them until Cross abruptly rushes over the wooden table he recently acquired to tackle Umbreon. However, as predicted, Umbreon moves away in time, causing Cross to collide with the table head-on.

"You little-!"

"CROSS! GET YOUR LAZYASS UP OR IM GONNA SEND FLETCHLING UP THERE TO PECK YOUR FACE!!" A loud high-pitched voice he could only recognize as his little brother shouted from downstairs.

"COMING!" With a sigh, Cross stood up, moved to the curtains, and opened the windows to let in the chilly morning breeze. Umbreon trailed along. He takes a long breath and then casts a determined glance down at his mother's pokemon

"Alright Umbreon, today's the day. The day I finally get out of the house and start my pokémon adventure!"

"Umbre!" Umbreon shouted with excitement as it turns and runs out of the bedroom, Cross following close behind.

When he entered the kitchen, he could smell the delicious aroma of breakfast. He saw his mother clearing the dishes and his brother, Chara, seated at the table and already eating.

"Buenos días mamá." Cross greeted and sat down at the table next to his brother.

Chara looks at him smugly and takes another bite of his food. "Told you it would work Mum, my threats always work."

"I wouldn't really classify them as 'Threats,' dear. Maybe Cross is just trying to avoid getting pecked in the face by your Fletchling." His mother called as she finished the dishes walking over to the table.

Cross huffs, "I still can't believe you of all people, got a pokémon before me. Does Fletchling even listen to you?" He questions looking at his brother smirking.

Chara was taken aback and groans in frustration. "Of course he does! Fletchling-!"

Chara called for his Pokémon that was sitting in the windowsill. Fletchling looked over for a minute, blinked and then turned away, cleaning itself completely ignoring Chara.

Cross laughs and flinches as his phone goes off on alarm. He jumps up and yells.

"IM LATE! ALRIGHTGOTTAGOLOVEYOUCHARALOVEYOUMUMADIÓS!!"

The door slams shut behind Cross as he zooms out the front door.

"....."

"....."

"...Can I have Cross' plate?"

                          ~*~

——————————————
ANNNNNNNNDDDDD THERE IT IS MY VERY FIRST CHAPTER! I hope you all liked this new start to my book, if you like it feel free to comment and give me ideas for next chapter!

Also I have not yet decided what Pokémon Cross should have as a starter, so feel free to leave ideas in the comments as well. I kind of wanted to match his theme so help would be great!

See you next chapter!