Into The Forest

When Pokémon are speaking, their dialogue will be italicized
Example: "Froakie!"

Enjoy!
———————————

"How 'bout you? Would you like to be my partner?"

Cross holds out a hand towards Froakie and smiles.

Froakie is shocked, but then leaps into Cross' arms out of sheer excitement.

"Fro!"

Killer laughs and stands beside Cross. "Guess that's a yes."

Cross smiles and sets Froakie down looking at the Lab Manager.

"Froakie it is." After then, the Manager glances at her clipboard. "Well, I guess we ought to register you with the system before you set out on your adventure, isn't that right?"

"Oh right, you still need a Pokédex! Come on over here!" Killer runs over to the main desk and taps the screen. Froakie climbs up on top of his head, turning his own to the side in interest.

Cross and the manager follow as the screen lights up.

Welcome to the Pokémon Lab. Please insert keycard into the keyspace below.

The Manager puts her card in and the panel starts to load.

Approved. Welcome, Manager Tika Meowsala.

As soon as the name emerges, Killer and Cross laugh in the background.

With a sigh, newly appointed manager Tika asks, "Do you want me to give you registration or not?" as she peers at them.

The two skeletons nod and shut their mouths.

A page opens, and she turns back to the screen, interacting with a few things. She steps back and turns to Cross.

"All right, you're set. Just enter your name and ID details, and you're good to go. Please feel free to ask one of our other assistants for guidance if you need it. Not me." Then she vanishes moving down a lengthy hallway.

Cross approaches the screen, inputs his ID info, then clicks "Confirm." After some time, a green checkmark shows on the panel. At the desk, a device resembling a scanner emerges with his Pokédex and some Pokéballs.

Pokémon Trainer: Cross Peñaloza from Pallet Town is now registered into the Regional Pokémon league.
Badges: 0
We wish you the best of luck.

Cross grabs his new gear and smiles.

Froakie hops up onto his shoulder and cheers in excitement.

Killer walks over to him and pats him on the back. "Welcome to the club X-Man."

"Heh, feels kind of weird now that i'm actually registered." He turns his Pokédex over to get a better look.

Killer runs forward to the doors with excitement. "Well now that you're registered, let's get going, we can't stay in our houses forever waiting for Pokémon to come to us. Let's go!" He runs out with surprising speed.

"Hey wait come back!" Cross sighs and looks at Froakie. "You ready?"

"Froakie!"

He runs out the doors after Killer, both friends laughing all the way. Little do they know, their journey has only just begun.

—————————————

"Uhh Killer, do you even know where you're going? We've been on this path for hours now and I don't see a Pokémon Center around here anywhere."

"Of course I do! I've been in these woods loads of times there's a Pokémon Center around here... somewhere... just trust me I know where I'm going."

"Only if you're sure.." Cross mumbles and looks around worryingly, Froakie in his arms.

Suddenly Froakie jumps out of Cross' arms, glaring at the trees in front of them.

"What's wrong? Do you-"

Cross' words are cut short as a shadowy figure pops out of the bushes, and into the air spooking the two travelers.

"Froakie!!"

Cross steps back in fear looking up at the figure. "WHAT IS THAT THING!?!"

"I-It's just a Pokémon don't worry! Nothing to be scared of-!"

"WELL WHAT KIND OF POKÉMON IS IT!?" Cross screeches stepping back more with Killer.

"YOU HAVE THE POKÉDEX YOU TELL ME!" Killer yells back gesturing to Cross' pocket.

Cross quickly remembers -cursing himself for forgetting- and fishes the Pokédex out from his pocket. He then points at the mysterious Pokémon, and it beeps.
——————————————
Beedrill, a bug and poison type, and the evolved form of Kakuna. Its three stingers on its forelegs and tail are poisonous and used to sting its enemies repeatedly.
——————————————

Froakie moves closer to the Beedrill infront to Cross and Killer, glaring at it. Beedrill buzzes loudly in anger as it soars out of the darkness charging up an attack.

Killer turns to Cross with an idea: "Tell Froakie to use 'Water Pulse,' it'll buy us some time to run."

"W-What!? You mean give a command!? I can't-"

"DO IT OR ILL SACRIFICE YOU AND START RUNNING FOR MY LIFE!"

Cross groans in frustration and turns to a defensive position, his eyes filled with nervousness and concentration.

"Froakie, Water Pulse!"

Froakie lets out a trill of confirmation as it leaps into the air, gathering a ball of energy between his hands, shooting it at the Beedrill.

Beedrill dodges with ease at the one-way attack, and finally shoots all of its charged attack at Froakie full speed.

Froakie has no time to react as it's shot back into a tree, hitting it full on looking dazed, trying to recover.

"Froakie!" Cross attempts to run towards his Pokémon, but falls back at another charged attack from Beedrill.

"CROSS-!"

When the Beedrill is struck by a bright energy ball and falls to the ground, Killer's voice trails off. Instead it's replaced by a commanding voice.

"Electro Ball, one more time!"

Another energy ball hits the Beedrill catching back its attention.

Cross takes this opportunity to stand up and run over to Froakie, taking his Pokémon in his arms.

The Beedrill keeps getting hit by the energy balls until it gives up and disappears into the trees with an angry buzz.

Cross dashes back to Killer, peering through the opening in the trees to see a figure emerge with their Pokémon, hands waving in the air.

"Hey, you two alright? I didn't hit you did I?"

Eventually, the figure emerges out from behind the forest foliage, and it seems to be another Pokémon Trainer. A skeleton dressed in pale yellow and black clothing, with glowing yellow eyes, and a Pikachu dangling from his shoulders.

Cross shakes his head, startled at the sight of this skeleton. His gaze was drawn right away to the shining gold circlet on their head, which had a mixed colored stone with an odd symbol that resembled DNA in the center.

"W-Who are you?"

"My name is Dream. Pleased to meet you."

"Pika Pika!"

—————————————
OMG THIS TOOK SOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOONNGGGGGGGG BUUTTTTT
It's the golden boy! Our first character introduced! This has to be my longest chapter yet and i'm so tired

HOPE U ENJOYED! MORE TMR