Chapter Seven

ADELINE
MEADOWS

All I did was ever bleed trying to be a brave soldier. And now I stood in a racing arena I do not know of, with people that scare me around me. I wasn't brave, I had no phone with me or nothing to reach out for any help.

I don't even know the way back home.

This is what happens when you rarely leave the house or explore around the city you've lived in for eighteen years. It isn't my fault my parents never let me leave the house. It isn't my fault each time I wanted to go to a birthday party my sister would say it's too dangerous for me. 'Cause I'm too trusted.' She did it for my own safety, though. Right.

I walk in between crowded areas, trying to figure out where should I go. I left Valentina and Christian in the other side of the street party, now in this side, it's much scarier. Only because I can't see any familiar faces. And in here, I notice a similar tattoo on each body part; arms, necks and necks.

A skull tattoo.

I've heard of a skull mafia before, but I never really met anyone from there. They are from another city, so why are they in New York? In our party. But Valentino when he throws parties for his races, he invites every gang he knows, so it's quite understandable if I notice new people.

I've been to race parties with my Dad and Uncles, never alone.

I bump into a hard back, and almost fall when the man's body moved. An arm shot up to wrap around me, and I immediately freeze to look up because I reached the person's shoulders.

My eyes fall to the skull tattoo on his neck, then my eyes lift to his face. This man had beautiful eyes. I'm sure he had hetoechormia because of the midnight blue in one eye and greyish-green in the other. With also coal-dark hair, he gives off a serial-killer aura that I do not want to be around. Don't get me started when my eyes connected to his, he looked dangerously bad.

"Sorry," I try to move away, but his hand doesn't leave my arm. Not yet.

The stranger speaks. Surprisingly, since for a second I thought he was mute. "You're Valentino's girlfriend."

I almost choke. Is that what everyone calls me nowadays? Well, Valentino does show pictures of us to everyone. However, I deny by shaking my head. "Valentino's parter is Katerina, I'm Adeline Meadows," I mutter. "Well, she's not really his girl friend but I call her that." I add.

The man blinks twice, staring at me dumbfounded. "Have you seen Valentino?" I ask the stranger.

If he knew Valentino, he could be trusted. Right?

The man shakes his head, his eyes catching someone behind me.

I feel one's presence against me. "Who's this hot chick?" The voice behind says.

When I turn around with a disgusted face on, I meet with a black shirt. Why are the men here so tall? No. You're just short.

I look up to see a younger guy - perhaps my age. He had similar features to the man who thought I was Valentino's girl friend.

"Oh, aren't you Valentino's girl friend? You want to cheat? Carlo fucks better." He smiles. "Joking, Joking. I'm a gentleman, darling." His Italian accent failed at the nickname.