Chapter Thirty-Five

VALENTINA
LARS

"Stop screaming at your sister, man, you have no idea what's even happened." Christian pushes Damien as he stands in front of me. I did not need him to protect me like this. I hated getting yelled at and I am not taking that disrespect from my brother.

"No, allow him to. If he hadn't, everything would have been okay. He locked her up." I yell.

Damien withered and stated, "If I didn't lock her up, she would still be a traitor."

Valentino walked in, shirtless and his hair messed up. "What is with all the fucking screaming? It's only one in the afternoon, I'm still sleepy,"

"Adeline isn't anywhere to be seen, Damien thinks she ran away." Aunt Lily explained to him.

"Oh, yeah, she's fine. Didn't you tell them, Val?" Valentina muttered, prodding me. I jerked my head at him, sending him an indication of warning. "Oh, it was meant to be a secret, shit," He added.

Everyone turned to him confused. "The fuck do you mean?" Damien questioned. She grew up caged around here, I mean, if I were her, I'd be doing worse. But then I remember Adeline is nothing like me.

"Just tell them, they can't get her." Valentina shrugged, careless about the matter.

"Last night, I called Valentino in a panic and told him that, our lovely best friend, had been locked up by you. When I contacted Luciano, it turned out that he was aware of the situation. He had already arrived in New York by the time I got to the estate; if you didn't know, he was in Vegas. He then ordered me to take Adeline to see him. We took her and she's with him." I lie. We faked a whole plan because to tell him that Addie was unconscious, it would create more problems and Luciano would be accused of shit he didn't do.

The tension was filled with vexation and frustration. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" Uncle Grayson roared.

"Are you kidding me? Imagine locking up your daughter, could never be fucking me." Valentino yelled back, throwing his phone in a loss of control, landing it against a pricey vase.

"No, darling. That's a designer!" Aunt Stella whined.

"You fucking called our enemy?" Damien stepped in front of Valentino, but Valentino didn't stride back, he stayed face-to-face, a twisted smirk on his face.

"Luciano is my friend, man. He's a better brother and family to me than you all are. His brothers and I partied in Vegas a few weeks ago. Don't worry, Adeline is safe." Once again, Valentino had made Damien angered. Anger is an understatement.

"If you weren't my brother..."

"Pussy manners, fight me. The instant I heard you locked Addie up, I lost my respect for you." Valentino shrugged, raising his eyebrow and smirking.

Damien clenched his jaw. "Why don't you go smoke some pot, I'm sure you need it to maintain yourself." The moment Damien said that Valentino's eyes flashed with a hint of disloyalty and fury.

"Why don't you go lock up some girls you can control? One day, you will wake up, and find Valentino and me taken off. This is how it commences, Adeline fled, you drove our only friend away! I get it, you try to protect us, but we-" I couldn't continue her words because they escalated to bursts into tears. I hated this.