Chapter Twenty-One

ADELINE
MEADOWS

SOME people fight and suffer to get through their lives, but some people are just careless and nonchalant to it. I want to be that. I want to act recklessly. I want to be considered important. I want someone to believe in me and not think I'm just a little child who can't even dance ballet anymore.

I'm dancing in my ballet studio, I told my family. I'm not. I've put on a little weight in my legs, and I find it difficult to perform simple dancing moves. I tell them I'm "dancing," but all I'm doing is sitting on the floor, agonizing myself in my leotard, which no longer fits me.

My parents got into a fight again, so the whole family is distanced.

My friendship with Valentina is deteriorating because she's still going through her number-what heartbreak. I keep offering help and bringing her food, but she just wants to be alone. And I don't want to be annoying her.

My friendship with Valentino is getting weaker by the day. He's too busy with races and delivering drug deals back to other cities. And, he barely texts me anymore or comes to me. I accepted everything around me.

There's no way in achieving anything anymore.

So, I'm alone. And what pains me more is that they're alone too.

Footsteps cause me to twitch and look up, my eyes moving to Bridget who's taking a seat beside me on the floor. "Hi," She says. "You aren't dancing." She comments.

I shake my head. "Not in the mood." I lie.

"Do you want to go out with me? Like a sister-date." She proposes.

I just want to escape this house, I'm sure she wants too. We lived most our life dealing with our parents and being left alone while they solve their small-fights.

"Yes." I say. "Together." I add, slightly smiling.

She extends her hand for me to pull, I grasp it as she raises me up. "Want to match outfits?" She excitedly asks, dragging me to the second house through the backyard.

I nod, giggling as we run up the stairs. "Woah, why the rush?" We walk by Damien, who was holding a cup of coffee.

Before I could answer, Bridget replies with a scowl. "Not your business, bossy asshole."

She opens her bedroom's door and pulls me inside her walk-in closet. Bridget has one of the prettiest styles. Elegant, makes her stand out and overall, classy. She was classy and very beautiful. If I had a daughter, I'd make Bridget her role model.

"So, I bought this but never worn it cause it's a little big, I think it would look so cute on you!" She squeaks, holding out a pastel blue dress.

My mouth opens. "It's gorgeous, Bridget." I smile. "But I don't think going to a mall with that is appropriate, it's too much." I say shyly.

Bridget rolls her eyes. "Go big or go home," She thumbs up. "Now, I have this blue pastel one, it's longer but we would be kind of matching!" She practically jumps up and down.

I nod. Maybe it's time for me to ignore the negativity, and just go through life carelessly.

_