CHAPTER 4 - THE TRAINING

The sun began to rise, illuminating the whole kingdom of Haren, it was about six o'clock in the morning and there was a knock at the door of Logan's room. The very sleepy boy went to open it: it was Gate.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"No, I just woke up."

"It's the first day of training, you better get ready fast."

Logan quickly got ready and, still sleepy, headed, together with his mentor, to the training site.

The majestic building was located just outside the city, the colonnade at the entrance made it look like a Greek temple while inside it was a luxurious building with fine wood floors, white marble and stained glass windows. They walked through a perfectly manicured green space before arriving at the threshold of a huge covered amphitheater with a stage in the center and red velvet chairs all around. Just before crossing the threshold Logan asked the mentor, "Are you sure I'm the right choice?"

"I'm sure boy," Gate said reassuringly.

Logan entered the hall where Cyrus and two other boys were waiting for him, but one of them had a familiar face, looking closer Logan realized it was Sarah.

The two boys exchanged a bewildered look as each wondered what the other was doing there.

"Let me introduce myself, I am Cyrus, the Sorcerer Supreme, the king's advisor. From today I will teach you all the secrets of magic and turn you into true Guardians."

Cyrus led the boys to the training area, a room in the basement. It was huge and filled with training equipment. 

There were also three chests on a table, each with the name of one of the boys written on it. "What's in them?" asked Logan curiously.

"Open them and you will find out," replied the wizard, the three boys decided to open them and inside they found costumes. Each one consisted of a metallic nylon tunic, it was armored and had white stripes, there were also matching pants and finally padded boots.

"These are your uniforms," exclaimed the Sorcerer Supreme, "you will wear them during your training, and when you receive the Guardian's Ring, the costume will match your ring," the boys donned the unusual uniforms and began their training.

Cyrus taught the boys how to draw magic from their minds and then channel it into their hands to release it and create seals. There were numerous seals that could be created, but during this lesson the boys were taught only the red seals (the basic seals). The boys were promising, but it would be a long time before they became real fighters. The training ended a few hours later, but by then it was evening. Time seemed to fly by for the future Guardians. When they left the facility, Logan met his new comrades. He spoke to the boy from the Intra-World; his name was Dice and he came from a city not far from Haren, a city built near a volcano. He was a sunny, outgoing, and very talkative boy; he had almost imperceptible freckles on his face and his hair was "snow white.

"You have an unusual hair color, you don't see it very often in my world," Logan complimented.

"You should know that in the Intraworld it is a very common color," the boy said, they talked for a few minutes, but then Dice had to run away, he was on his way home. While he was waiting for Gate, Logan met Sarah and the two were left alone.

"What are you doing here?" Sarah asked.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"You're right, I'll tell you what happened. It all started the night you disappeared. While Chloe and I were looking for you, suddenly there was no one around. I tried to go home, but there was a man outside the school: Cyrus. He stopped me and told me that I was destined to be more than just a lawyer, that I could be a Guardian.