ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1

Hogwarts 1890
_______________
  Sometimes I have dreams. Strange ones. Strong ones. I dream of power, a power that I have never known, a power I don't think anyone would ever know and if they did it would bring them fright. I looks over to my clock. It's 8:00 am. I stretch my feel and take a big breath, still thinking about my dream. I was outside by the loading docks of hogwarts. I saw something strange happening in the distance. I thought at first it was house elves apparating or using floo to get place to place for their masters. But I took a closer look. Their ears were more pointed out, they were shorter, they looked scarier. I didn't know what they were. Too be fair I'm just a 2nd year and I am still learning the creatures of the magic world. I stared at them while they dug into a side of a mountain. Why are they digging? What do they need? I wish I was able to control myself in that dream to talk to them, but I was just standing there looking at them. Wandless, unaccompanied, all alone. But I woke up. I can remember that dream so vividly. I look around to see my roommates are already in the great hall.
I lean to the side cracking the sore part of my back with an "oomph." Being at Hogwarts has been an amazing experience. I have learned a lot in the first year and currently am looking forward to learning more about magical creatures. I take a glance the clock. "Oh no" I whisper to myself, as I run to my trunk. I couldn't find my robes anywhere, I kept scrounging for them I looked under my best and in the bathroom no where. I let out a sigh, I guess I'm just wearing my vest. I put on my vest and brush my hair, I touch myself up, I look more awake and now I presentable enough to walk around in public. I make my way out of the common room to make my way to the great hall. "Hey moon, you look like your missing something!" I look to see Imelda Reyes holding my Slytherin robes up and shaking them tauntingly. She laughs with the rest of her friends. I walk fast up to her. "Give them back." I demand in a stern tone. She looks at me up and down, she then looks at the chandelier above us. She smirks once more. "Alright, here." She throws them so it lands in the chandelier. This needs to end. "Wanna play like that, don't we?" I ask. I take out my wand and she puts hers up in defense. "Wingardium Leviosa" she couldn't protengo my spell fast enough and she hovers into the air. "Put me down Moon!" She yells as she squirms in the air. Students are starting to crowd us, watching the scene unfold. Some kids are laughing and the others gasp in shock.  "Alright, here" I reply and drag her to the chandelier dropping her enough so the back of her robe gets caught and she dangles. Some students let out tiny screams, why feel bad for her? She got herself into this, time to get herself out. "Accio" I blast at my robe and it flies towards me. Then I hear heels behind me and a woman clearing her throat. "Moon. Reyes. To my office, now!" I turn to see professor Weasley standing with a stank eye. She gets Imelda down and we both follow her with our heads down, occasionally sending each other glares. We make it to her office and sit down in the chairs in front of her desk.

     Professor Weasley paces around us once and sits down. She looks at both of us and takes a deep breath. I shouldn't be getting in trouble for something Reyes did. She's the one that always starts it. She was always mad at me for beating her in her broom racing first year and took her name as champion. How's that my fault? You challenged me and lost now suck it up. "Using magic on other students without proper authorization from a staff member is prohibited, you do know that, don't you Ms. Moon?" She looks at me sending daggers into my eyes. I need to look sympathetic like I didn't mean to hurt anyone. When I would actually love to punch Ryes in her god damn fa- I'm getting ahead of myself. "Yes professor." I whisper. She then turns her head to Imelda. "And Ms. Reyes, you do know bullying is not tolerated at Hogwarts, will I need to owl home?" She asks. Imelda immediately shakes her head no. "No no please Professor, it won't happen again" she pleads. I try to contain myself from laughing. She's all tough until the consequences. "I better not see this again, you both will have 3 days detention and 50 points will be taken from Slytherin" she says. I sigh in frustration at Imelda. Why does she have to start something everyday. I admit I don't know much about her, but ever since I started in Hogwarts even before the broom race, she was never a pleasant experience. We accept our punishments and leave the office.
   The walk outside is silent between us, we don't even spare a glance this time. She stops and steps in front of me to keep me from walking. "Next time you spell me, you'll get it" I take a deep breath and step closer to her, I look straight in her eyes and smile. "Try me, Reyes" I shoulder check her as I walk away to make it to potions class. Professor Weasley doesn't understand, empty threats don't stop her. My mind races with thoughts of the last situation, i then feel a jolt anxiety go up my body, I feel my hands vibrating and my feet feel grounded. I look down and see little sparks of lights coming from under my shoes and leading in a certain direction. This feeling was strong and powerful it felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest. I was contemplating on following but then a voice interrupted my thoughts. "MaryJane. Shouldn't you be in potions?" I turn my head to see Ominis Gaunt. He's one of my closest friends, along with Sebastian. "Oh Ominis, aren't you supposed to be in herbology?" I ask. He smiles. "Touché" he then reaches in his pocket. He pulls out a piece of jewelry. It's a locket. "If you see Anne, can you give this to her, it's from Sebastian and he dropped it, but I'm not sure where he is." He puts the locket in my hand. Anne is Sebastian's sister, she's in Slytherin along with us, but sometimes I don't see how she got into Slytherin, she's way too... nice.
    "Hmm.. it conflicts with my schedule..." I trail jokingly. He gives me a dad look. "You have nothing better to do, give that to Anne." He says. I rolls my eyes. "I guess I could" he shakes his head and messes up hair as he walks away, holding up his wand as a navigator. Ominis and I have known each other since we were kids. We were very close, both of our parents were invested in the dark arts. We were scared of it as kids and still are, well Ominis is. Yes, we are only in second year and still considered kids, but before I could even talk I saw things a child shouldn't see. It caused me to see thestrals. Beautiful creatures, so misunderstood.