ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 7

ℜ𝔞𝔫𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔨'𝔰 ℜ𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫

A/N: In this chapter you will be playing a song halfway through to match with the storyline. Play the song before you read the next section after. (There is a marker in the story telling you when you play it.) I promise it brings a more surreal feeling!

Thank you for reading!!!

ℜ𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔥𝔞𝔪'𝔰 𝔗𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔩𝔰
____________

  "You know MJ, you've been awfully cryptic about what happened with Sebastian." Ominis voices. My heart stops for a moment, thinking he knew that we kissed.

"Now did you help Sebastian get in trouble." He asks.

I turn away dramatically at the table. Sebastian wasn't expelled he was given a few good months of detention though. As if the devil himself could hear us, he comes waltzing into the Great Hall. He smiles with his charm when we sees me and takes a seat across from Ominis and I.

"Ladies." He laughs when he sits. Ominis makes an offended face.

"I am a male."

"Are you?" Sebastian mocks and turns his attention to the feast in front of him. His mouth waters for the food, mine doesn't though. I try not to make it obvious that I couldn't stop staring at Sallow. Ever since the night in the Library, my feelings skyrocketed. I was utterly in love with that man. Maybe it's not reciprocated maybe it is, but that doesn't change the fact that we have to hide whatever we have going on, from Ominis. He would depulso Sebastian all the way to Feldcroft.

  "Is everything alright MaryJane?" Ominis asks, I think he could sense I was staring at his friend, he's very perceptive for a blind man.

  "Yeah everything's fine." I quickly reply, diving into my food to redirect the conversation. Before we could converse is anything thing else, we hear a tap on a glass from the podiums.

Professor Weasley stands with the cup in her hand, getting the halls attention. Everyone turns to her and the room slowly gets quiet. What could this be about? Hopefully not another dragon attack.

  "Students, settle down." Some ass kissers shush the other students.

"As you know, this year we have the Yule Ball. It marks the middle of a successful school year!" She says, some students cheer, but what is that Yule ball?

"The Yule Ball, is up and foremost. A dance." I gulp down whatever I had I'm my mouth, trying not to choke on it. Sebastian and I both glance at each other with little smirks on our faces.

Professor Weasley continues. "As said, the Ball will take place in the Great Hall this weekend. I expect you all to be there, and all to dress appropriately"

  Someone students go to immediately talk about the event or rave about the boys they wish would take them. I won't lie and say I don't want to go with Sebastian, but I don't think we'd get around that with Ominis.

"A ball?!" Ominis sighs, rubbing his head in his hands. I pat his back jokingly. "Awe is Ominis worried he won't get a date?" I pout mockingly. He scoffs.

"I can find a date. Faster than you I reckon." Ominis was always competitive. Who knew he'd make this in a challenge too, one he would lose, I know a Slytherin who I could ask. Sebastian sits silently at the table, looking around the room.

"What are you looking for?" Ominis asks, motioning to his friend. Sebastian coughs from his thoughts and looks at us.

  "I don't know, seeing what pretty girl to ask." My heart hurt a little, I was hoping it was a joke and maybe, just maybe he'd ask me. How can he not tell I like him, or did that kiss mean absolutely nothing to him. He continued to flirt with me after, another kiss didn't happen but is he gonna throw me out like I'm nothing?
  I stand from my seat and mumble a 'I'll be back' swiftly leaving the situation behind me. I didn't want to hear him rant about a girl.