ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 5

ℜ𝔞𝔫𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔨'𝔰 ℜ𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫

The walk back to the castle was relatively short and easy, we talked a little about the situation that transpired. We talked about how Ranrock was after this ancient magic. We talked about my abilities, no one has seen them for centuries, it's the most powerful magic one has ever come across on... and I have.

We talked about Miriam.

Oh how Professor Fig misses her. He told me her journey into finding the ancient magic. He explained how much power shouldn't go to one person, it would be corrupt. He would tell me their adventures around the castle when they were in school themselves.

It filled my heart to see his smile while talking about her, keeping the moment alive.

We finally make it back and we stop outside the Great Hall doors. Fig peaks in then looks back to me. "Looks like we made it just in time for dinner.."

Before I could continue, we hear footsteps coming from inside the Great Hall.

"Professor Fig. Nice of you to join us" sarcastically says Professor Black. I hold my breath not wanting to comment on this within any further than what it may go to.

He points to the hall and I quickly walk in with my head down, to nervous to make any other movement. I see all the students digging into their dinners and i scan the area for my friends at my house table. I can see Ominis sitting across from a sad looking Sebastian. I decided to sit with them still scared to speak. I trudge my feet toward the table no matter how hard they wanted to stop. Ominis can sense a presence and looks in my direction.

"Hi guys.." I barley whisper.

Ominis's eyes light up and he immediately jumps up to hug me, tightly. "Merlin MJ I was worried sick!" He exclaims. I whip the hair out of my face and sit next to him. Sebastian wouldn't even give me a glance. He sat in silence staring down at the full plate of food, occasionally messing with it. I clear my throat and decided to tell Ominis what happened. I wanted Sebastian to listen too but I knew he would make me think he wouldn't but explaining it to his friend in his face, he'll listen.

I tell Ominis about the dragon attack, about this new magic that I somehow possess.

"Ancient magic? Why the bloody hell didn't you tell us before?!" Ominis asks, shocked.

"Well I don't know Ominis, maybe because I JUST found out I had this power??" I sarcastically reply. He rolls his eyes and mine direct towards the Sallow boy. His eyes were locked on me until I looked at him. He then turned away. His hands were balled in a fist and he looked tired. He got up from the table without a word, and left. My heart broke a little. I wish he didn't blame me for what happened to Anne, if i could've I would be the one whose cursed. I love Anne and I would never want to put her in harms way.

"Don't worry about him. He'll get over it" Ominis reassured me. I couldn't believe him though. He was acting so cold.

His stare would send icebergs down my spine. I want to talk to him, about everything, but getting him to listen wouldn't be easy. I wish I knew a way to just make him listen.
I finished eating with Ominis, we talked a bit about our breaks, how he spent a lot of time in Feldcroft since the incident. I told him about how I was going place to place with Vega over the summer. I didn't necessarily have a home. I couldn't go back to the 'family' I had.