ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 12

ℜ𝔞𝔫𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔨'𝔰 ℜ𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫

ℜ𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔥𝔞𝔪'𝔰 𝔗𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔩𝔰
____________

I sat in Astronomy next to Amit, writing down patterns of the constellations we have to find. Professor Shah, assigned the assignment to get a better understanding of the castle and how many constellations we have just surrounding it, let alone everywhere else.

I loved this class. The stars were always so soothing to me, and I was excited to be venturing out with Amit finding some.

"Thank you for partnering with me, MJ." He says nervously.

I smile at him. "Why wouldn't I, Amit?"

"No one really talks to me..." His eyes water a little.

Just in queue, a paper gets thrown at him from across the classroom. He unfolds it, then quickly crumbles it back up. I look at him invested with what the paper said.

He threw it to the ground, hiding his face from the rest of the students. Concern laced my expression.

"What was it?" I ask, picking up the parchment.

"Humiliating, that's what."

I open it up and my eyes widen at the drawing. His face was drawn onto a mountain troll with boogies coming from the nose. I stifled a little laugh but it ends when I see what else is on it.

Many names were written on the paper;

'Loser'

'Weirdo'

And one that made my blood boil.

'Mudblood'

I sat there in silence for a moment, trying to gather my temper. I take the paper and stand from my seat. Amit looks at me worriedly.

"What are you doing?!" He asks frantically.

"Confronting them."

I walk across the classroom and stand in front of a table with a few Slytherins. All of whom I didn't know their names. They quietly chuckle at the few jokes they've thrown to the Ravenclaw. I slam the paper on the desk, making all of them jump to look at me.

"Who did this." I ask sternly.

They all stayed silent, trying to hide their smiles. I mock that smile and slide into the seat next to them.

"Make fun of me." I say, laughing along with them.

They all stay silent with straight lines for mouths.

"Oh, now you got nothing?"

I take the nearest Slytherin by the collar of his shirt and pull him harshly to me. My hands start to burn, I can feel the fire going through my body and I can notice the faintest glow, coming from my palms.

"I could end you all, right fucking now. Shall we try?" I bring him closer to me and tighten my grip, choking the Slytherin with his neck tie. He starts to gurgle from the lack of air and his friends look at me with fear. I snap my wand out and point it at his friends.

"I said. Shall. We. Try?" My voice echos with laced venom.

They all shake their heads 'No' and I drop the Slytherin. He gasps for air and holds onto his neck, feeling the friction of my touch.

"So you'll leave Amit alone then?"

They all nod in unison, cowering to the back of the chair, farthest they can.