Chapter 7

For the next few days, Y/N and Joe avoided each other completely. Everyone on tour had noticed the shift in attitude between the two lead singers. If they were in the same room together then the two wouldn't even glance at each other.

Tammy was worried about her best friend's sudden despondent attitude and planned to find out what was behind it.

*

It wasn't until a few days later that Tammy got the chance to speak to her.

"Are you going to tell me the problem or am I going to have to guess?" Tammy had made Y/N jump as she crept up behind her. The two bands were getting ready to travel to France for a few days.

"No idea what you mean." Y/N answered once she calmed down from the scare.

"Don't lie to me Y/N."

"It doesn't matter Tammy." Y/N sighed. She was feeling extremely guilty about kissing Joe and admitting it made it all the more real.

"It does matter and you know it. Seriously Y/N/N, you can trust me. I would never tell anyone what you say."

Looking up at her best friend, Y/N huffed out a breath.

"I kissed Joe."

"What?"

"You heard me Tammy. I kissed Joe. Or Joe kissed me. I'm not really sure."

Tammy was silent for a moment. Her jaw was hung open as she stared at the lead singer in shock.

"Oh my god. Y/N really?"

"Yes and now I don't know what to do."

"Dump Doug and date Joe." Tammy said matter-of-factly.

"I can't do that Tammy and you're missing the point."

"Of course you can. Look Joe is a great guy, he has done nothing but look out for you whereas Doug has only caused you heartache. What more is there to it?"

"The fact that I kissed Joe when I had a boyfriend. No matter how many problems me and Doug have, I had only ten minutes before told him I would never cheat on him, then I go and kiss the first guy I see."

"But Joe's not just a guy is he?" Tammy asked with a smile.

"No, he is great. Which is why he doesn't deserve to get dragged into this." Y/N felt tears sting her eyes again. "It's just best if I stay away."

*

"So you kissed Y/N?" Sav asked as he sat in front of his lead singer.

"Yeah." Joe had just told Sav what was going on.

"Wow."

"And now she won't talk to me."

"Is that why?"

"Yeah. I suppose she feels guilty that she kissed me whilst she has a boyfriend."

"Probably yeah, although we all know that he is no good for her."

Joe didn't respond to the bassist as he sat deep in thought.

"Why doesn't she leave him?" Sav questioned.

"No idea. But we can't make her do something she doesn't want to, whether we agree with her or not."

"You need to talk to her, Joe."

"I know."

"She needs you to tell her that whatever happened was not a bad thing, she is probably feeling really guilty."

"I know."

"So go then." Sav told him, ushering the man out of the room they had found themselves in.

*

Joe had gone to find Y/N. He knew that Sav was right and that he had to talk to her. It wasn't a conversation that he was particularly looking forward to having. As much as he knew it was wrong, Joe couldn't help but wish that the kiss could happen again. However, if Y/N was unhappy about the situation, which he suspected that she was, then he would step aside.

If it was up to him, he would break up with Doug for her. It shocked him slightly to think of the lengths that he would go to make this woman happy.

It didn't take long for Joe to find Y/N, she was sitting outside the small hotel that they were all staying at. A part of him didn't want to disturb her but he knew that he had to talk to her. He could see the bags under Y/N's eyes where she hadn't been sleeping well.

"How long have you been out here for? It's getting cold." Joe spoke up, unknowingly making the young woman jump for the second time that day.

"Not long, just needed some fresh air." Y/N told him, not wanting the air to fill with tension again.

"Mind if I join?"

"Course not." Y/N gestured to the seat next to her. Joe sat down and let out a sigh.

"We need to talk."

"Do we? Y/N asked as she refused to look at him.

"Yes we do."

"I don't know what you want me to say."

"About the other day." Joe started getting straight to the point.

"I shouldn't have kissed you." Y/N told him, unintentionally breaking Joe's heart before she continued. "It's not that I didn't want to, but I have a boyfriend and no matter what is going on between me and him, I never should have kissed someone else."

"You shouldn't feel bad y'know." Joe told her.

"How can I not?"

"Look, if you want to forget it then we will okay? Don't let this eat you up."

"I'm a horrible person though." Y/N had ignored everything the man next to her had said.

"Y/N, you could never be a horrible person alright. It's not in your nature." Joe placed his hand on hers, making her look at him for the first time.

"I am Joe. Because the worst part of this all is, I can't stop thinking about you, even before we kissed, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Doug is right not to trust me."

Joe felt his heart leap as she told him that.

"Oh love." Joe sighed as he looked at her. He wanted nothing more than to take all her worries away, to make everything better for her. "You know you need to leave him right darlin'?"

"I know. It's just hard. Ever since I moved to London, he has been by my side. No matter what happens with the band, especially before we met you guys, Doug was always there."

Joe just gripped her hand tighter. He understood where she was coming from but they both knew the truth. Y/N needed to leave Doug, no matter how hard it was.

"Whatever you need, I'll be there for you alright?" Joe told her as she leaned into his body.