Chapter 9

Warnings: Smut and swearing. 18+ only please. This fic from now on will contain cheating.

The shows in America were more than Y/N could ever have dreamed of. Since the tour started, Ultraviolet had attracted more and more attention, and the crowds were not only showing up for Def Leppard but for them as well.

Every night when she called Doug, Y/N had to try and pretend everything was normal. The last thing she wanted was to come home from the tour to nothing. Whilst most of her belongings were replaceable, there were some photos and other sentimental bits and bobs that she would want back. Knowing Doug as well as she did, Y/N knew that if she were to break up with him over the phone he would destroy everything.

Tammy had taken to sitting with Y/N whilst she was phoning her soon-to-be ex-boyfriend. Almost every phone call ended with Y/N either in tears or nearly shaking with anger. Doug wasn't against insulting her at every given opportunity, only solidifying in the woman's mind that she had to leave him as soon as they were back in London.

Just over two weeks after their arrival, it was the beginning of April and they still had over half the tour to go. Over those two weeks, Joe and Y/N had been spending more and more time together. Although neither of them had said anything, it was mutually agreed that once Y/N broke up with Doug, the two of them would give it a go. They knew that there would be distance between them but the both of them wanted to make it work.

*

"Doug I've told you like a thousand times when the tour ends." Y/N refrained from shouting down the phone.

"And I've forgotten, you've been away for so long now, surely you must be home soon."

Y/N rolled her eyes and let out a quiet sigh away from the phone.

"The tour ends on the 30th June." She told him yet again.

"Seriously. Why does it have to be that long, it's not like either of you are that popular yet."

"Over here Def Leppard are huge, and I'll have you know, Ultraviolet has been getting a bigger fan base since the tour started." Y/N looked over at Tammy who gave her a sympathetic smile. Despite the bassist not being able to hear Doug, she just knew that it wasn't pleasant responses her lead singer was getting.

Little did Y/N know, as she turned her back again, Joe had entered the room, not releasing that the venue phone was in use. Tammy smiled at him before leaving the room herself. Joe went to follow but with a shake of Tammy's head he stayed put.

"That's still three months Y/N." Doug shouted, prompting Y/N to move the phone away from her ear.

"I know Doug, I can use a calendar." She bit back. "There's not long until the show. I have to go."

"You barely have any time for me now." Doug grumbled.

"I'll see you in three months." Y/N said before putting the phone down.

Y/N turned around before coming face-to-face with Joe. She jumped slightly in surprise before giving him a small smile.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Joe told her in almost a whisper.

"It's okay. I was just expecting Tammy that's all." Y/N felt herself exhausted yet again from the phone call, although this one wasn't as intense as some of the calls between her and Doug, she still was sick of repeating herself all because he couldn't listen to what she was saying.

"She left when I arrived." Joe told her.

Y/N nodded before a slightly uncomfortable silence came over the two of them. Joe inched his way closer to her.