epilogue

Six months later.

Bokuto and Kuroo set down the last of the boxes in the apartment. Kenma and Akaashi were in the kitchen, finishing up lunch before bringing it into the living room.

"That's the last of it." Bokuto says, pressing a kiss to Akaashi's temple.

"I can't believe that you're finally moving into our old safehouse. Now it's a safehome." Kuroo said, wiping an imaginary tear as Kenma rolled his eyes, unable to hide the fond smile on his face.

"Well, it was only a matter of time. They practically stayed here, the house, or Bokuto's place." Kenma said, handing Kuroo a plate before sitting on the floor in front of the chair.

"We figured that it made the most sense and this place is cheaper than my apartment, but I like this one more because it's closer to Keiji's work." Bokuto said, rubbing Akaashi's back as he sat next to him on the couch.

"Speaking of work, how's the cushy new job, Bo?" Kuroo asked, sitting in the chair behind Kenma.

Bokuto had recently become a hero trainer. He was allowed to step down from hero work after his injury during his first mission, but he insisted on continuing. Three months ago, he talked to the MSBY Hero Agency about training heroes so that he wasn't putting more strain on his body after having so many run-ins with Kotori. (At least that was the excuse he had given them.) They told him that he could start once he got his training certification.

"It's great! We got three new heroes that seem really promising! One's a little firecracker and he insists that he can be a great hero despite not having the typical build for one. I think I really like being a mentor because I'm really able to teach them the importance of not just catching the bad guys, but also making sure that the civilians are safe. I talked to my boss about what had happened to Keiji and I with the explosion and he immediately agreed to start hosting biannual seminars about the importance of making sure that innocent bystanders stay unharmed." He said, a proud smile on his face as he bit into a rice ball.

"Dude, that's incredible! Things are looking up for us too! KLD was recognized as a reliable news source and it pissed off so many politicians. There are thousands of reposts of our videos and posts before we even hit the twenty-four hour mark." Kuroo beamed.

"Well, it's also thanks to your social media accounts for bringing in more gossip. You started showing off your hairdressing skills and when you had a decent clientele, you dropped a haircare line that they flocked to." Akaashi points out.

It was true. Once Kuroo stopped making tranquilizer serums and sleeping gas, he was able to focus on creating hair products that his clients loved. Thus, in turn, bringing more clients into his chair to tell him the latest gossip that sometimes included sorta confidential information.

"And you were promoted at the bar because your videos of doing tricks brought in more customers."

"Let's not forget the way you openly support KLD on your streams, Kodzuken." Kuroo said, nudging the man with his leg.

"There's a lot of KLD supporters now, so I knew that nobody would really bat an eye if I mention their latest upload in the middle of my stream. It also gives me a further chance to make them believe that I'm not Lynx. I'll just save a draft to the account and have Akaashi post it as I'm streaming."

"He gets a kick out of it. The chat will start spamming that KLD uploaded a post and he acts all surprised." Kuroo said, laughing as he took a drink.

The four of them talk back and forth about things that they were thinking about implementing and discussing the logistics of them before deciding to put a pin in the conversation for another day.