Where am I? - Chapter 2

3rd person POV:

...Flashback...

Y/n slowly awoke in the middle of the day. She rubbed her head with her hand as she slowly tried to open her eyes, the bright light aluminating from the window blinding her for a moment.

"W-where am I?"

Y/n said, her voice was a bit sore and raspy from the water she inhaled the day before. Her voice was a bit strained, a slight stutter in her words because of a small cough. She cleared her throat trying to make it not sound so strained before she heard a girl's voice from outside her door.

"Dad, is she going to be okay?"

The small voice asked before the door to Y/n's room was opened. In walked a little troll, her fur a light pink, her hair just a darker shade of pink.

"Who are you?"

Y/n asked, her voice still strained as she looked around, checking out her surroundings.

"And where are my parents?"

Y/n continued, letting out a small cough after as she rubbed her throat.

"Well, I'm Poppy. It's nice to meet you! Your voice sound weird... Does your throat hurt? I'll get you some water."

The little pink troll said, who now Y/n found out was Poppy. Y/n nodded her head as she looked at Poppy. A small, sad smile appeared on Y/n's face as she looked at Poppy.

Poppy then quickly grabbed a cup of water, her little hands wrapping around the full cup as she carefully walked back with a big smile on her face. Y/n then slowly took the cup into her own hands, which were a little bigger than Poppy's.

"Thank you... Poppy."

Y/n whispered, her voice still a bit strained and raspy before she drank the cup of water. Y/n then noticed an older troll enter the room with them. His fur was orange and his hair pink, just like Poppy. She also noticed the troll's mustache which she thought was about funny.

"...w-what happened to my parents?"

Y/n quietly asked as she looked at the older troll.

"Well, we were hoping you'd be able to tell us, Y/n-"

"How do you know my name?"

Y/n quickly interrupted, a small worried but curious look on her face as she looked at the older Pop troll.

"You had it engraved in your bracelet, kiddo. My name is Peppy, King Peppy of the pop trolls."

The older troll, King Peppy said. His voice kind and a bit worried as he looked at the little lavender troll.

"Oh... I don't really remember a lot. I was playing with my friend before the alarm went off. Then me and my parents started running. But I ran too fast and I wasn't paying attention so I slipped and fell from a cliff edge... All I remember after that is looking up and seeing something big, looked like us, trolls, but sadder and a lot bigger."

Y/n said as she thought back to the memory, a few tears welling up in her eyes before she quickly wiped them into her tattered, slightly dirty clothes.