Is Poppy serious...? - Chapter 4

Y/n's POV:

....Present....

"That's the pop string?"

I asked softly as I looked at the harp a little confused.

Because, genuinely, you tell your daughter this at this fucking time Peppy? You just randomly tell her: "Other trolls exist too you know!"

I thought as I looked at the string as King Peppy strummed it. The string made a "Oh, yeah."

"It's beautiful."

I heard Poppy say as I turned my attention to her for a moment, lightly fidgeting with my necklace before my gaze snapped back to King Peppy as he spoke again.

"And powerful. Which is why we can't let it fall into the wrong hands. And we won't. Not on my watch. What we need is a plan. Don't worry. I've been preparing for this day for years."

He then stopped for a second as he looked at Branch.

"-We run."

"Run?"

Branch replied, a little confused but agreeing.

"And hide."

King peppy then continued.

"On it."

Branch said as they started running out of the little magical cave.

"The fuck are we running from though? The other trolls? Or this Queen Barn person?"

I asked, obviously a little confused and even a bit surprised because a lot has happened in the last few moments.

"But we don't even know what we're runnin' and hidin' from."

Said Poppy as she looked at me before looking back at Branch and her dad.

"We're hidin' from Barb and all the other different Trolls."

Branch and King Peppy responded to both me and Poppy.

"Why are we doing that? What are we, pussies?"

I asked as I looked at Branch with a questioning look before responding to my own question.

"Yes we are..."

I said as I chuckled lightly, not really taking the situation too seriously.

"You're assuming the worst about someone you haven't even met."

Poppy said, slight anger evident in her face and tone of voice.

"You're not listening to me. -You're not listening to me."

Both Poppy and Peppy said as they argued. I just stayed back, watching the interaction.

"-I'm your father!"