Chapter 3: Enter Duel Academy!

Disclaimer: I would recommend you to watch the Yugioh Arc V anime because if you haven't, then the next events in the story will be confusing to understand as the protagonist tries to prevent what happens in canon that would lead to the revival of the demon duelist ZARC.

After Shiryu was welcomed into the orphanage time went by. Everyone was very accepting of him, except the bullies of course. Shiryu spent time with the other kids and helped the Tenjouin family around the large home. 

Some adults came and asked to adopt him, but he refused since he couldn't be separated from Serena. Speaking of said girl, the two would duel occasionally with him winning sometimes while losing either on purpose or honestly. 

Shiryu taught her about respecting others and everything she didn't understand. He didn't want her to become what she was in canon, as that version was like that due to trying to prove herself to Leo but if she sees that she can confide in Shiryu then Serena wouldn't have to try so hard and become such a jerk. Shiryu also started working on the program to hijack the academy's systems, even if he could only do so much with so little tech. 

Not only that, but over the years Serena started getting closer to Shiryu as she began seeing him more then 'just a friend', at the age of 10 she confessed her feelings for him and the two became a couple, all the while Zarc teased him. Asuka was soon old enough to go to Duel Academy and had to live there due to the rules just like in GX Anime. 

Jerry and his cronies thought that with her gone they could do anything they wanted... too bad Shiryu wouldn't let them (Shiryu beating them in multiple duels without even trying). Luckily, they were adopted and didn't have to worry about them anymore. 

After a couple of years, Shiryu and Serena applied to the academy as well and were accepted, where Jerry and his cronies failed. Afterwards Shiryu and Serena packed up all their belongings and said their farewells to everyone in the orphanage then boarded the ship that would take them to Duel Academy. The couple snuggled up and enjoyed the calming ride. 

When they finally arrived at the island, Asuka was waiting for them. Having not seen her surrogate older sister for a long time, Serena was extremely happy as she jumped into her arms for a hug. While Shiryu was happy to see her as well, he gave her a normal hug. Asuka would go on to show them around the place and have the couple meet her friends.

 One of which was the girl that tried to get Asuka to run away with her and got carded, poor girl. Asuka's other friends were surprising to say the least. They were Syrus Truesdale, Blair Flannigan, and Jesse Anderson. 

While Rei and Johan seemed the same in the anime, Syrus was the one who was very different as he was way more confident. After getting acquainted with them, Asuka led them to their rooms while telling the two that thanks to her pulling some strings, she was able to get them next to each other in case they wanted some 'alone time' at night and not risk breaking the schools' rules. 

Serena covered her face with both her hands to hide her massive blush, while Shiryu turned his head the other way. Asuka left the two so they could get settled in. Stepping into his temporary room, Shiryu sees that it is very ordinary that contained a bed, desk with a laptop and an empty bookshelf.

"Not a bad place." Zarc admitted.

"True, but still pretty boring." Shiryu said as he put down his bags.

Looking at his bed he sees his new uniform.

"Oh right, got to wear a uniform. Whatever mine's better." Shiryu lamented.