Chapter 7: The Pendulum Swings

Shiryu and his group are standing in the office of the CEO of LDS, Reiji Akaba. He decided to tell him and the sisters about the Original Dimension and Leo's goal.

"Zarc?" Reiji asked.

"That's right." Shiryu nodded.

"Wait, you've been having dreams about a guy?" Serena asked with a raised eyebrow, a look that was shared among her sisters.

"Don't put it like that!" Shiryu snapped at her. "That makes me sound like a creep! They're more like... memories in a way I guess."

And he's not lying. The first night he slept in the Fusion Dimension, Shiryu had dreams about Zarc's life. Kinda like how Masters would have dreams about their Servant's lives while they slept in Fate. They had kept happening until the final few nights in the Fusion Dimension.

"It's also how my Synchro and Xyz monsters suddenly showed up." Shiryu lied. "Even some of my monsters becoming Tuners."

"And what did these "memories" show you?" Reiji asked.

"A world like this one, only far more advanced." Shiryu said. "A world, let's call it the Original Dimension, but it wasn't just that, it's who I saw there as well."

"Who?" Rin asked.

"Leo Akaba." Shiryu answered.

The girls and even Reiji was surprised to hear that, even if his eyes widen slightly.

"My father?" Reiji clarified. "He was apart of this "Original Dimension"?"

"Yes, along with his daughter Ray Akaba." Shiryu said.

Telling him about his older sister hit him hard judging by the way his poker face fell off.

"What? Ray Akaba?" Reiji questioned. "But I don't have an older sister!"

"Not in this Dimension no." Shiryu said. "But you do... or rather you did in the Original Dimension. Which are the four Dimensions that we know now."

Shiryu then began to tell them about everything that happened in Zarc's life. How he met Ray and through her, Leo. Went to school together, played and had fun. They learned to duel and wanted to become the best male and female duelists the world has ever seen. 

 What Shiryu and Zarc didn't know was that was Ray's Spirit listening from the bracelets, deeply saddened by the events that happened.

 Both Zarc and Ray wanted to make people smile with their dueling... until the accident happened.

"I don't believe it..." Ruri gasped with her hands over her mouth.

"How could they cheer for that?" Rin asked in disbelief.

"That's how humans are sometimes sadly." Shiryu answered with a shrug. "Unfortunately, if only they knew what that cheering set in motion, they probably wouldn't have done it."

"I'm guessing it has something to due with what led up to the split of the Original Dimension in the Four Dimensions." Reiji guessed.

"You'd be correct." Shiryu confirmed. "All humans have a Light and Darkness in our hearts, with our actions feeding whichever side said action does. Do something good, your Light side grows and the opposite for the Darkness. 

After the accident Zarc was feeling guilt and despair. His Darkness took advantage of his current state of mind to influence his actions. Zarc then began to make his duels more violent and dangerous to all who faced him, resulting in more injured duelists or worse."

The girls were looking at me in shock and horror. Reiji, having regained control of his facial muscles, looked at me and simply listened. Zarc himself was looking down in shame as he knew what was coming next.