Chapter 8: Sister's United

Sawatari landed on his back hard from Zeus's attack.

"Serves him right," Zarc said.

Shiryu nods and then looks up when something catches his eye. Holding up his hand, he grabs 2 cards. Turning them over Shiryu sees they are Yuya's stolen Pendulum Cards Stargazer Magician and Timegazer Magician.

"Guess they must've been blown off the prick's disk from the attack," Shiryu muttered.

He then felt the spirits in the cards.

(Don't worry.) Shiryu said with a smile. (I'm giving you both back to Yuya where you belong.)

After feeling their gratitude, the cards returned to normal. Shiryu turned to look behind him to see the YSD group with their jaws dropped. This caused him to chuckle.

"If you're not careful, then bugs will fly into your open mouths," Shiryu said.

Hearing him speak got the group to shake out of their stupors.

"That was amazing!" Yuya exclaimed in excitement.

"You beat him like it was nothing." Yuzu commented in awe.

"Incredible!" Tatsuya said.

"Your so cool!" Ayu beamed.

"It gave me the ultimate shivers!" Futoshi said.

"Thanks for the praise." Shiryu said. "By the way Yuya, I think these 2 belong to you."

Shiryu hands over the Pendulum Magicians to their rightful owner.

"Stargazer and Timegazer Magician!" Yuya gasps in relief, seeing them back in his hands.

"How did you get them?" Yuzu asks.

"Zeus's attack knocked them off of "Bakatari's" duel disk." Shiryu said. "They floated down and I grabbed them."

"Thank you, Shiryu!" Yuya said happily.

"No problem. Although, I'm guessing you had a plan in mind to get them back anyways. I would've just watched it play out, but since you all were in danger I had to help." Shiryu said.

"Thank you again Shiryu." Yuzu thanked.

"Thank you Onii-chan!" the 3 kids said.

Shiryu nodded before looking at Reiji's duel disk that he was borrowing.

"Seems the duel is still going on. Guess we need the battle each other now." Shiryu said, looking up at Yuya who shook his head.

"No, I'll surrender." Yuya said.

This surprised them.

"Yuya!" Yuzu gasped.

"Are you sure?" Shiryu asked.

Yuya simply nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sure." the tomato color haired young adult said. "You have 3 powerful monsters on your field. There's nothing in my hands that can help me since I must shuffle my Magicians back into my Deck. Plus, I doubt whatever I draw next will change that."

"I see and that's okay." Shiryu said with a smile. "There's no shame in admitting when your beat. It takes both a lot of courage and strength to do so."

The rest of YSD looked at Shiryu admiring of his wisdom.

"I end my turn." Shiryu announced.

Turn 8: Yuya

Yuya smiled as well as he placed his hand over his deck.

Yuya forfeits

Winner: Shiryu