Chapter 5: Escaping the Clutches of Academia Part 2

"So, you're the traitor, huh Shiryu?" a condescending voice said.

The group of four stopped in their tracks upon hearing the voice. Before they could begin to look for it, a person landed in front of them. Cutting them off from reaching the dimension gate.

"It's you!" both Ruri and Rin gasped.

"Yuri!" Serena growled.

Standing before them was Yuri, the Fusion Dimension piece of Zarc.

"Damn it! So close." Zarc said.

"It took a while to chase those girls down and bringing them back here." Yuri said with a smirk. "I can't have you ruining all my hard work."

"How did he know what was going on?" Rin asked.

"Didn't you say your virus controlled all of Academia Shiryu?" Serena asked him.

"Leo has a private server doesn't he." Shiryu stated more so than asked to Yuri. "He found out about what had happened and contacted you to stop us."

"Well done, Shiryu." Yuri said while clapping his hands slowly. "You already figured out everything, and all without me saying anything. You truly are a smart one." then activated his duel disk and blade

"Girls get to the gate." Shiryu said while activating his own. "I'll keep him busy for you to get to it, but if others show up use it and leave."

"What?!" Rin asked.

"What are you saying?!" Ruri asked.

"We're not leaving you behind!" Serena said to her boyfriend. "Besides we can't use it without you can't we?"

"I already programed the codes into your duel disks that will allow you to use it, just in case something happened to me." Shiryu said. "Besides... you're not going to let me walk away, are you Yuri?"

"Absolutely." Yuri said with a grin. "I've ALWAYS wanted to duel you, Shiryu, except you turn me down every time! You may try to hide it, but I can see that you're a strong duelist and I want to see HOW strong!"

"You see?" Shiryu said.

"But..." Serena tried to argue.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Shiryu said 

'Even though I treated him badly; he still wants to help.' Ruri thought.

"Well? How bout it?"  Shiryu asks him. "You get your duel and in exchange you let them get to the gate?"

"......." Yuri thought about it. "Deal." He gave a sadistic grin,"I can always hunt them later."

Shiryu looks at the girls again.

"Get going." Shiryu said. "Trust me."

The sisters look at each other and nod.

"Alright, but you better win!" Serena told him. "If you lose, I'll kick your ass myself!"