Prologue (Amazon)

Three months after Knightfall protocol....
————————————————————

It was a bright and sunny day in Gotham city, though it was a bit cloudy, most can say they've never seen the sun shine so brightly on their beloved city. It was still the cold season, so many adults and children were dressed in their warm clothing. Most children who walked through the city wore a Batman themed jacket with the symbol on the back. Snow was being shoveled off the sidewalks and the streets as some couples sat outside and laughed as hot coco sat on the table with steam coming off the cup. Indeed, Gotham was nothing but a winter wonderland today.

"Now arriving at: Central station."

The doors to a transport bus opened once it reached the drop off and allowed it's passengers out. The passengers ran into the arms of friends and family, laughing and some even crying as they hugged each other closely. Of all the passengers that came off the bus, one stood out the most from the others. The woman who stepped out of the bus was at a height of 6'2, wearing no high heels at all. A heavy winter coat/dress that covered her arms, a huge pair of pants that were tucked into two red knee-high boots. Only part of her body that was exposed was her head. She had smooth olive skin and smooth black hair she kept tied in a ponytail. A pair of sunglasses were over her eyes that made her look intimidating. The tall woman scanned the crowd before walking forward, passing by the other people who looked at her in surprise, rarely seeing a woman that tall before in their lives.

The woman made her way through the crowd and down the sidewalk of Gotham city. As she traveled, she smiled upon seeing the children wearing bat-themed hoods and hats, but continued her way forward. She ignored the stares from the people she passed and the onlookers from the other side of the street, mercy on their souls if they saw her without the coat she wore. One might think she was an important business woman on a trip for they had never seen her before, but were left surprise when she walked past the likes of Lexcorp and Wayne Tower. By the look of it, she was heading away from the city instead of towards the great skyscrapers of Gotham. The woman continued on her stroll for hours, ignoring the cat calls and whistles thrown her way by men who decided to take their shot, even some nerdy high school boys gave it a try, failing despite their courage but earned a giggle from the older woman. She eventually ended up walking out of the city, past the suburbs, and then found herself walking on a dirt road with the city far behind her. She soon came to a stop when a metal gate stood before her, frozen over with a signature W on top. The woman took her shades off, revealing her blue eyes as she stared in disbelief past the fence.

The destroyed remains of a mansion was in view. The once seven story building that was Wayne manor was now nothing but a crumbling heap, reduced to three floors with debris everywhere covered in black soot. The front door was covered in stone debris and the windows where blown out with violent burn marks. The greenhouse had been somewhat secured, though not unharmed. Vines had started to grown out of the greenhouse and began scaling the ruined building. The woman snapped out of her trance before pushing the gate open, the creaking of the hinges disturbed the peaceful quiet as she stepped forward. Some crime scene tape had been put up around the area, but was nearly destroyed by the heavy snow.

"Miss Prince?"

The woman turned around quickly before spotting the man who had spoken, emerging from the corner of the mansion as he made his way forward. The man was old, in his sixties with white hair combed to the side, his pale skin was wrinkled with age. He wore a pair of round glasses and a orange weather jacket, some grey gloves, blue pants and brown winter boots. The woman eased up and walked towards the old man with a small smile before pulling him into a hug.