Ch 1

Note: I'm keeping the black guy in this book, the one who is the "real" deadshot apparently. But I'm going to change his story to something more......likable I guess you can say, if you all don't mind. Because I refuse to believe the Deadshot in the Arkham City and Origins was a fake or from an alternate reality.

———————————————————

"My name is Amanda Waller. I am the director of A.R.G.U.S, a division of homeland security you've never heard of. But I've heard of you, and I'm here to make an offer......all of you are tenacious as junkyard dogs. Desperate. Hungry. All of you know how to survive. Now that might make you the kings and queens of Arkham, but outside these walls? The world has forgotten about you. And your going to spend the rest of your lives behind bars picking maggots out of prison meatloaf.......but I could change that."

Amanda Waller walked slowly across the four inmates that were restrained before her, held tightly against the tables they were on. "I could be your way out....a chance to do some good. And—?"

"Hhhhhhiiiiiii~ Harley Quinn, Gotham gazette. I just have a quick question." Harley spoke out in a joking tone as she tilted her head. Like her fellow inmates she wore the mandatory Arkham uniform, though her's was a straightjacket that failed in keeping her arms bound. Amanda raised her eyebrow as Harley leaned forward and turned to her right, eyes narrowed as her voice increased. "What's with the frickin' SHARK?!?!"

As if on perfect timing, the other two inmates, one a black man and the other was a familiar Australian that Quinn recognized, turned to face their non-human inmate

As if on perfect timing, the other two inmates, one a black man and the other was a familiar Australian that Quinn recognized, turned to face their non-human inmate. He was a humanoid shark with blue skin and a small snout. His eyes were black and his pupils blue. The shark leaned forward, somewhat confused by the question.

"I........" The shark spoke, trailing off the 'I' with uncertainty. His voice was deep but not the most intimidating one Harley has heard before. The shark opened his mouth slowly, revealing his rows of sharp teeth. "....woouuuld be happy to introduce myself!"

"That won't be necessary, King Shark." The inmates turned to Waller as she turned around and pulled something out of her coat. It was an odd cylinder machine with green and silver color schemes, an insignia of the letter L on it. She made sure the inmates saw what she held. "This is a microbomb injector from our friends at Lexcorp. Stick it in your target's neck and its goodnight. Do you want this to be where you take your last breath?" She paused and scanned the inmates, searching for any who actually wish death or enslavement too Arkham asylum. But none spoke up. "No? Then help me. I only need one of you. As for the other three......you're dead already. So......" Waller placed the injector on the table in the middle of the room, all of their eyes on said injector. Waller gave a small smirk before she turned around and began walking away. "Show me what you got....."

The mechanical doors automatically opened as Waller approached before closing behind her, lights shining red to signal the door was locked. The inmates remained still, eyes on the injector and the door.