Ch 5

"We gotta get out of here!"

Jacob shouted as he pulled his sister along with him through the empty mall, purple bolts of plasma shooting by them as the aliens pursued them. The twenty year old pulled his eighteen year old sister as hard as he could, fearing that they may be separated from one another. Several more people ran with them, survivors who didn't even know each others names. Jacob watched as the man beside him was shot in the back, making a huge black dot on his back with fire around the wound. It was an instant kill.

"AAAH!!!" Evie, his sister, screamed uncontrollably as more blaster fire hit the people around them. They were safe here for four hours before the aliens found them, and there was no where else to go as more of the aliens made their way down stairs or shot at them from the balcony. It was like an never ending nightmare that Evie couldn't wake up from. She was in school when the invasion started, ready to take a field trip to the hall of Justice with her class. She didn't know if any of her friends were alive or not, her and Jacob's parents had to be alive though.......they just had to be. They ran forward towards the entrance of the mall as the aliens closed in. They could escape, they could escape, they could—

BOOM!

Something exploded behind the duo after Jacob wrapped his arms around Evie and kept her in front of him, sending them flying through the glass door and land on the street, scratching themselves in the process. Evie slowly pushed herself onto her knees as the rain poured down on them from the night sky, whimpering as blood leaked from the wounds caused by the broken glass she landed on. The girl turned towards Jacob, who rolled off and laid beside her, his back scorched with burn marks. He protected her from the blast.

"Jacob....Jacob please wake up!" Evie cried as she began nudging his body, only to receive no response. The blast had burned off the back of his clothes and skin along with his hair. He protected her like he always did, and now she was alone. She desperately shook his body as the moonlight shined upon them and the rain poured on them. She didn't have to look up to tell the giant ship was near them, it's design giving off the impression it was looking down at them. "Please Jacob.....please wake up!"

She yelped when she saw the aliens emerge from the mall, scanning the area before they spotted the young girl. Evie slowly pushed herself away as she crawled back from the aliens who were once human. She stopped before grabbing Jacob's arm and struggled to drag him with her. Her back soon pressed against the side of a care as more of the aliens emerged from the mall, a giant one made of fat muscle walking like a gorilla towards them as it stared her down with it's soulless eyes. Evie desperately hugged her brother close as one of the aliens closed in, pointing it's arm cannon at her as it began humming to life slowly, followed by a chuckle from the sadistic alien. Evie closed her eyes as she hugged her brother close, tears forming in her eyes as the alien stretched out her death.

Before she could be killed however, she heard the sound of a loud engine echoing from down the street and closing in on her location. She opened her eyes and was able to catch a glimpse of a giant metal wheel crash into the side of the Aliens head, carrying the alien with it as it made it's way past them, purple blood landing on Evie's cheek. She looked towards the left as a loud thud was heard, the aliens gasped in shock before turning towards the object that killed their ally.

Evie felt her eyes widened as a huge car, if it could even be labeled as such, skid to face them. It was made of black metal and designed in such a unique way she's never seen before. The vehicle's wheels changed positions, moving in an X formation as a damn cannon emerged from the top with a mini gun attached to it.