[ 009 ] heart of a rebel

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

𝕬lchemy 𝕺f 𝕾ouls / immortal she, return to me.
chapter nine ━━━ heart of a rebel.
[ the ballad of songbirds and snakes ]

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

𓆩♱𓆪┊LIKE EVERY RICH CAPITOLETE, OF COURSE, CASCA HIGHBOTTOM HAD ONE OF THE BEST PENTHOUSES WITH A GORGEOUS VIEW TO GO WITH IT. 

Persephone seated at the long black marble table. On either side the seats were empty. For a moment she imagined it was her father, mother, Octavia, and grandparents sitting in those vacant seats. 

But instead, it was just Persephone and Casca sitting at the table. 

They ate their appetizers in silence neither uncle nor niece said a word to each other. Both are stubborn to say a word and initiate a conversation. It wasn't until an Avox appeared followed by three others with plates of food. 

When the woman placed her plate in front of her and the other began to pour her a glass of wine Persephone could see how frightened she was of her and felt self-conscious. She never showed that she cared on the outside but the fact that Avoxs are terrified to be in her presence made her feel no better than being lumped into Dr. Gaul and the President's category. 

Casca snapped at the Avox, "Go away." he noticed. How did he always notice?

The Avox flinched from the small man's cold stare and hurried away along with the others.