Chapter 1 Zeus

'Drop'
 'Drop'
'Honk' 

I woke up to a loud truck and light rain ... in acardboard box? Wait a second , WHERE AM I ?'Honk'I looked around and I saw cars and trees . My collarwas missing and I was in a dumpster.I knew my old family was struggling . I overheardthem talking about how big I was getting, but I did notexpect this.They were my family , they couldn't have gotten rid ofme right . Right?

 WrongThey totally did.I was a burden after all. I howl in hopes that this is agame, that they will be back for me . But no matterhow much I screamed no one came to my rescue.I don't know what to do , but I know I have to leave . Ididn't know where I would go or how I would findfood and shelter.My growling stomach made me more aware of thisfact by the minute. I looked around outside the box Iwas in .I searched the dumpster for food and found a fewpieces of pizza crust. After I was done nibbling on thepieces of bread , I decided to look for shelter. It was just drizzling now but the winds and the grey skysuggested that there was going to be heavy rain soon.I don't know how long I walked for when I saw afamiliar place.My very first home . The adoption Centre where I wasborn. The place I stayed in for almost half a yearbefore I found my family . Well ex- family now. Thethought makes a different kind of sad emotion toresurface.

FLASHBACK"Zeus is getting way too big."I woke up when I heard my name but stayed quiet. Iknow eavesdropping is wrong but I wanted to hearwhat they were talking about. 

"He's taking too much space now. Feeding him ,paying for his medicine and haircuts and toys is allvery expensive. Work is already exhausting and timetaking. I can't spend time taking care of him andwalking him anymore. He's really amazing and I lovehim very much but he is much bigger now , he needs abigger bed and more place to stay. We can not afford it.

I think we should give him to someone else." said avoice similar to Mom's"No. We're not giving him to someone else. We can't.Times might be tough but we can't be telling otherpeople about our situation." said dad"Well then, what are we going to do ?""We will figure it out."

 I breathed a sigh of relief and went back to sleep andthen woke up to find myself abandoned on the side ofthe road far away from home. I guess this is what they'figured out' .I don't know why I thought that maybefiguring it out would involve all of us. We had so manymemories together. I loved them with all my heart.They told me they loved me too but in the end all theysaw me was as a burden , a task . I should have thoughtso sooner. I should have never believed I was one ofthem .I regained my composure and brought myself out ofmy thoughts . The change of color of the sky and slightincrease in rain bring me back to the present.

I have no choice but to move forward. I could go insideand maybe they would call my old family , but I nowknow that my old family doesn't want me back .I know that staying there would give me shelter andfood and possibly new friends but I can never go backthere.I can not go back to waiting for someone , anyone toaccept me and want me as a part of their family.I am older now , I know that older ones have a lotmore trouble getting adopted.

 All of a sudden the rain increases . I go under a treeopposite my first home. Looking at it for a while hasme going down memory lane, some good but mostbad.I remember a poem I thought of on my own . I hadfood and shelter but a lot of the other dogs were reallymean and would steal huge portions of food. If I haveto fight to survive anyway , I want to do it on my ownterms.My most fond memory of the place was leaving it. Iwould wait for the rain to die down and then go findanother place to stay. 

I CAN NOT GO BACK THERE AGAIN.

PRISON 

Twelve pillars is all I can see
And I can't even imagine the look of a tree.
I am locked up , out of the world .
And I don't think that's the amount of torture I deserve.
Even music-less I tried to dance.
Then I tried to imagine my own France.
All my tries went in vain.
 The rest of my days will I spend in pain.
I close my eyes wishing for freedom every night
I want to get the colors of the world into sight.
 When I am free, in all my skills shall I dwell .
And my freedom should be used well.