Chapter 2 Zeus

Once the rain had died down I continued my search fora place to stay.All of a sudden my nose was filled with the mostdelicious of smells : freshly baked bread and biscuits . A bakery, with tons of bread and biscuits . I could notbuy things but I knew that the dumpsters nearby musthave food . I could sleep under the giant umbrella orvehicles if it rained during the night .It may not be a permanent solution but it would begood enough for now. I walked toward the back of theshop , looking for their dumpster.I follow the smell and find the big blue dumpster witha half pack of cookies in it. The cookies lookeddelicious. My mouth filled with water as I jumped tograb them . 

All of a sudden , I feel a sharp tugfollowed by blinding pain on my back . I look backand see that apparently I was not here alone .I found myself cornered, surrounded and outnumberedwith nowhere to run or hide but I wasn't going to letmy fear show . I held my head high and let out a lowgrowl.

"This is our spot, our food" the obvious leader said'I was here first' I bit out."Well, we're here now , you can leave or you can fightall of us"I found 3 pairs of vicious eyes staring at me . I knew Icould never fight them off on my own but I wasn'tgonna just leave.'We don't have to be enemies here , we can share. Icould join you guys'A part of me wished they'd say yes. I couldn't help buthope that I'd find a new family in them. We'd have towork more to find food for all of us but we could do ittogether. They attacked me because they thought I wasa threat , maybe if they realized I wasn't one..." We're not here to negotiate, leave while you can oryou won't live to regret your choice"

 My back and leg were already wounded and bleedingfrom their earlier attack. I couldn't fathom the idea offighting one of them in my current state , let alone allthree. I scowled at them but they knew that I was muchweaker than them. I was still resistant to leave. Thiswas good food and shelter that I didn't know if I wouldfind again. The leader took a step forward threateningto attack me and the other two followed. Any resistanceI had crumpled like a sand castle.

I left. I was trying to survive and I knew that thingswould be different. I wanted to hate them but I knewthe ways of the wild were Kill or be Killed. I looked atthem grudgingly as they ate the pack of cookiesthemselves. The 'leader' taking majority of the lootwith the others snatching tiny morsels.

 I spare the gorgeous bakery one last glance beforeleaving.