Chapter 7 Andrew Moore

For the first time ever I woke up and felt surroundedby warmth . I looked down and saw Buddy near me . Ihad felt him crawl in not long after I had slept . I havealways had the best beds but there has been this coldfeeling of being not just alone but also lonely.I don't have a lot planned out . I did want to take ashort break after the premiere . I decided to do that .I work out and get ready for the day. I call upbodyguards to accompany me while I explore the city .I got a few appointments for Buddy . I also got him abag in which he could stay covered . He was notpresentable right now.I look at the box and now for a fact that there is no wayhe would go in it willingly . I grab a pack of biscuits asa bribe .It's weird how we already have sort of a mutualunderstanding with each other .Now I plan. 

PLAN A : Pick him up and put him in it while he isasleep and leave a note and a packet of biscuits in thebag and hope he stays quiet. 

PLAN B : Lure him in with Biscuits. 

While planning I realize that I should probably gethim proper dog food and toys , so I do . After I placethe order I try plan A.Plan A goes to hell as soon as I pick him up and I'mgreeted with the most suspicious brown eyes." Good Morning" I say with a smile. My nonchalantbehavior only seems to deepen his suspicions. Heseems to forget all about it as soon as he sees a pack ofbiscuits.It's now replaced by hunger and joy . 

Okay so plan Bit is .I feed him a biscuit out of my hand and he grabs iteagerly.I give him a few more and put the rest in the box . Islip the note in the box and put one hand with thebiscuit just on top of the lid . He jumped to grab thefood and landed in the box . I close the lid. The boxhas tons of slits that allow him to breathe and lookaround but they keep him well covered from theoutside.I'm still wondering why I wrote a note and kept it in.Dogs can't read . I take Buddy out and he startsbarking . Somehow we made it to the vet.The vets try to keep him still and hold him down buthe keeps moving and trying to bite them . He then starts barking . He's calm around me . I had planned toleave him at the vet's and groomers and then explorethe city. I go up to him and ask him to stay calm. Imake the doctors go away for a minute and then holdhim so he can be examined. He does not seem to bewarming up to the doctors and keeps showing his teethangrily at them.Once they examine his wounds and get the checkupdone . 

They give me his medication and a cone to putaround his neck if he tries to lick his wounds. After wego to the groomers and again he does not warm up tothem . The groomer doesn't seem surprised. She said itwas common for dogs of his breed to be scared andrigid of strangers.Once he was calm and I got the green light to leave fora few hours . I called up my assistant to get meconnected to a rescue team , maybe I can get him backto his family. I don't want him to be attached to mewhen I know I can't give him a proper home.While leaving I see paparazzi taking images of me.Great , Just great. There is no way this could end well .I put the worries of the future aside and go to the mobmuseum. 

 I enjoy my time looking at old artifacts . Not the Vegastrip most people take but for someone like me this isperfect.I go back to get Buddy and see him perfectly groomed.I could not recognize him at all . He looked beyondadorable.At a professional pet grooming salon, Buddy isintroduced to a caring groomer who skillfully beginsthe process of restoring his neglected appearance. Heis treated to a luxurious bath, which washes awaylayers of dirt and grime, revealing the true color andtexture of his coat.When the grooming session is complete, he looks athis reflection in the mirror with astonishment. His oncetangled and unkempt coat has been replaced with agleaming and well-groomed appearance. His eyesshine with newfound confidence.I smile at him and I'm happy he enjoyed himself. I gethim and ask him to get back in the bag I got him in .He seems more willing this time.I walk to my car but I get a weird feeling. Like I canfeel someone watching me . I look around and see acamera man across the street. I put Buddy in the carand drove.