Chapter 18 Zeus

Andy's going somewhere out and he is not taking mewith him. A woman named Sonia shows up. The onehe was talking about.She's pretty . She has mud brown hair and eyes andshe keeps looking at me with affection. She gives mepets and calls me a good boy. I also don't miss the wayboth Andy and Sonia keep exchanging suggestiveglances at each other. Ew.I've seen Andy talk to her almost every day, and everyday he blushes around or looks nervous while talkingto her. He likes to pretend he doesn't care. While he isan exquisite actor in movies. He's sorta bad at it in reallife.Andy bens down , smoothes his hand over myforehead and and says, "I know she's watching you butkeep her safe for me bud"I nod yes sincerely. If he's asked me to protect her . Iwill do so forever. If the smile and blush on Sonia'sface is any indication then she definitely heard what hesaid but she doesn't react and he doesn't say anythingelse.I don't want Andy to go . Maybe she will be funenough to be around. Andy shuts the door while I stilltry to follow him. Rude. Whatever. 

"It's okay, you have me to keep you company"
 'Yeah, leave your crush and me alone, you'll definitelyget closer to the both of us' I say sarcastically but he's long gone and even if he was here he wouldn'tunderstand me.Sonia pets me and I totally forget how angry I was atAndy a minute ago. She's here watching out for meand I'll do the same for her.Sonia and I go for a walk and play games. She givesme my food and asks me to eat the few biscuits shegave me secretly. The day has been fun. We go to thegroomers and she stays with me the entire time. Shegets herself a drink and me a glass with the mostdelicious whipped cream. She says soothing things anddistracts me when they cut my nails. I don't know whybut getting my nails cut just gives me the ichs. 

She takes a few pictures of me and shows them to me.I get more biscuits for staying still and I love it. I lookabsolutely dashing in the images she took.Now she's sitting on the table and I'm just watching ashow about birds that I really want to chase. Her leg iscontinuously vibrating and she keeps tapping her nailsin a rhythmic pattern on the hardwood. I look up at herand see that she is nervous.I can see the indecision twirling inside of her . I go toher but I can't see any way I can understand what she'strying to do or how I can help.

She slowly whispers, " I can do this. It's now or never.I believe in myself. This is going to succeed" beforeshe hits a key on the keyboard.She's about to throw her head back in relaxation whena voice startles up both."I'm sure you will"Sonia jerks in surprise and looks back. With the noiseof the TV and Sonia being distracted in whatever she'staking a risk for , neither of us noticed Andy turn thelocks of the door.Andy!! He's back , oh I missed you!I run and jump and give Andy a big hug . He hugs meback and spins me around before setting me down andscratching my forehead."Missed you too , Buddy"Sonia still looks startled that he's here .

 "If you don't mind telling me , What'd you just take ashot at?"Sonia seems hesitant to answer but the patience andpure enthusiasm in Andy's face relaxes her.

"I just contacted my dream literary agent with my firstbook. It's probably not going to happen but I just hadto give it a shot. I've been thinking about sending theemail for months and I decided I'd rather try and failthan never know." 

"Wow. You write? That is fantastic. Why did you waitfor months before sending the email? Weren't youexcited to send it once the book was completed."
 She looks visibly uncomfortable talking about this .It's pretty clear that she writes in secret. She takes adeep breath before responding,
"Because not sending it lets me have hope. Before Isent it I felt like I had a chance of it getting publishedand other people relating to the story. Now if all theliterary agents I've sent my work to decline , I willhave to live with the failure and start over, Writinganother book. I can never imagine myself not writing"
'You're gonna make it' Andy says with confidence.
"Why would you think that? You don't even knowwhat the book is about or how I am at writing."'I don't need to. I know you. You've been my assistantfor years now. You always give your best in whateveryou do. I wouldn't let just anyone stay with Zeus. Ican't wait to buy my copy of the book.'A huge grin stretches across my face when I see Sonialooking down, avoiding his eyes and hiding herflaming cheeks from him . She definitely likes him too.She looks up at him and asks, "You'd read it?" 

'Wouldn't miss it for the world.' He responds with aserious expression.She avoids his eyes again and says , "Well , Dinner isready and Zeus has been groomed and we did aphotoshoot for his Instagram today."
 'Good. Thanks'She smiles and then packs her stuff back before kissingmy forehead and waving at Andy goodbye.