CHAPTER 27 - NIGHTMARE

"Your A-niang?......she's beautiful and best sister ever.",the voice that belongs to Jiang Cheng.

"Really!... I want to be the best too like my a-niang!",Jin Ling young self said cheerfully.

"You will,A-Ling...",Jiang Cheng pat Jin Ling's head.

"My a-die? What about him?!",Jin Ling asked impatiently.

"He was a total shi- I mean.. a jerk. But he actually nice towards her.", Jiang Cheng said with a mad tone as he crossed his arms.

Jin Ling laughed.

(A-niang:mother/a-die:father)

---------------------------------------------------

"Hey! Stop that!",little Jin Ling shouted at the 2 bulies from his clan.

"What an orphan. You know you should respect me! I'm older than you",the first one said rudely

"Where's your manner? Oh yeah! You don't have because you have no parents to teach you.",the other one said with a sarcastic laugh and grin.

Both of them laugh and ran.

Why...

Why...

Why..........

Is it always the same dream?...

STOP

---------------------------------------------

"STOP.. just stop.",Jin Ling mumbled in his sleep. Rolled to face the other side which was Lan Sizhui that was near the table and sat on the chair.

Lan Sizhui woke up from his sleep,he was waiting for the other to wake up. He didn't expect the other one to have another nightmare.

He got up from the chair and sat beside Jin Ling,"Jin Ling?"

He wanted to look clearly,as it was nighttime. He brushed away Jin Ling's bangs from his eyes to look at his eyes.
He was still asleep, but small tears were formed in his eyes.

"Another nightmare?...",Lan Sizhui sigh out of sympathy."Oh Jin Ling.."

He gentle shook Jin Ling's shoulder. Jin Ling's eyes slowly open and he quickly sat up as he realised it was just another dream.

"Huh-? What?..oh..",he rubbed his eyes confusely and tiredly.

"Sizhui?...",he look at the other one that has worry written all over his expression.

Jin Ling look down to his hands nervously,blushed slightly as he felt embarrassed. He isn't used to people with him in same room. But since it's Lan Sizhui,he seem okay with it.

"...are you alright?..",Lan Sizhui asked to make sure.

Jin Ling nod,still kept his gaze down,looked at his hands that has tear drop on his palms. "I'm fine.... why am I still here?..."

Lan Sizhui smiled softly, "Sect Leader Jiang stayed here too to make sure you're alright. He seem close to Zewu-Jun,they were talking outside.. I guess about your health and what had happened. You stayed here until.. tomorrow,alright?..."

Lan Sizhui grabbed a bowl of rice with lotus soup and hand to Jin Ling, "now,eat okay??..."

Jin Ling's eyes were sparkling when he saw the food. Then,he flinched and look away as he felt slightly shy and embarrassed. He slowly grabbed the bowl and mumbled, "I don't need your help."

Lan Sizhui look at him as he heard that, "even if you say that, I still help you."

Jin Ling blushed slightly and then took a bite of his food. He mumbled in low tone before he took a bite of it."Thank you.."

"Hm?..",Lan Sizhui asked,smiled softly as he heard the other's mumble. He good ears.

"N-nothing.",Jin Ling took another bite of his food and look away.

-----------------------earlier----------------------------
While Jin Ling was asleep. Lan JingYi broke into Lan Sizhui's room so loud but the boy was still asleep.

"Shh! Jingyi!",Lan Sizhui said in low tone.

"I want to hangout with you!",Lan JingYi whined dramatically and fake cried.

"Not now- not now- why not with Zizhen?",Lan Sizhui tried to make Lan JingYi calmed down.

"Oh ya right! I have Zizhen!",Lan JingYi smile appeared. Then,he walked out of the room. "Zizhen,my love! I'M COMINGGG!"

Lan Sizhui was confused. He closed back the door and sat back on his chair, stared at the sleeping boy to make sure He's safe..until he fell asleep.

(Lan JingYi's plan to wake Jin Ling up had failed.)