CHAPTER THREE: the theories.

After Wes' and Ziggy's movie night, Sam made them all go to the twin's house, because she needed to tell them something. "Randy was our uncle. R.I.P." Mindy said as she walked into the living room, blowing a kiss to the portrait of Randy. "You said to bring everybody."

"Hey." Sam said to the group. "Oh, suspects. My brother would be so proud!" Their mom placed some snacks on the table. "Hey, Martha." Dewey Riley greeted her. "Dewey! Hi! You look.." She couldn't find the words. "Yeah."

="How's the wife?" Ziggy winced, when she heard that. "This will be really awkward." She whispered to Wes, who nodded. "Hey, mom? We're good. Thank you." Chad thankfully stopped the situation. "Alright, kids. Have fun."

Once she left the room, Sam started talking. "I asked Mindy to call everybody here, because There's something I have to tell you." 

Sam then explained everything about her being Billy Loomis', the original Ghostface's daughter. "So, let me get this straight. You're saying, that you're the daughter of Billy Loomis and that one of us is the killer?"

"The killer told me, he knew my secret. He attacked Tara to lure me back here." Sam answered him. "But then why immediately  go murder some douche, that was stalking Liv and Ziggy?" 

"And why does it have to be one of us? What about deputy Dewey here? Maybe he's the killer." Wes told his theory, which was very unlikely. "No offense."

"None taken. But what's my motive?" He asked. "You got stabbed a million times and got dumped by your famous wife and crawled into a bottle. I think it's safe to say, you're on the suspect list."

Ziggy understood, that he was just being protective, but that may have been too much. Poor Dewey.

"Well, maybe you're the killer. Because that cut deep." Wes furrowed his brows, while the blonde silently laughed at them. 

"That douche is connected." Amber suddenly announced. "I googled him, his mom is Leslie Macher. Stu Macher's sister." Shit. Ziggy thougt. Although, Stu was probably her favourite killer.

"Who's Stu Macher?" Liv asked. "He's Billy Loomis' accomplice. A real looney tune." Dewey answered. "Okay. Okay. So, the first three attacks are on people related to the original killers."

"Oh my god, he's making a requel!" Mindy announced as soon as she realized. "A what?" Ziggy asked. "Or a legacyquel. Fans are torn at the terminology."

"God, please speak English." Her brother complained. "Remember the stab movie, that came out last year?" Mindy asked. "It was pretty shitty, not gonna lie."

"What? I actualy really liked that one." Liv furrowed her brows at the blonde. "Of course, you did, you have terrible taste." Mindy sassed. "I hate you."

"The point is, The hardcore Stab fans hated it. You go on 4chan and Dreadit, all they're talking about is how Stab 8 pissed off their childhood's. How they cramed in social commentary, just to make it elevated. The main character is a Mary Sue."

"What's a Mary Sue?" Sam's boyfriend asked her. "You really don't wanna know." Wes shook his head. "What's wrong with elevated horror?" Ziggy asked, shruging. "Yeah, I mean Jordan Peele fucking rules."

"Uh, obviously. But that's not stab. Real Stab movies are meta slasher hoodanas. Full stop." Mindy explained. "Come on, it's just a movie." 

"No, it's not. For some people the original is the original their favourite thing in the world. The movie, that made them love horror. The movie, that their mom and dad showed them, when they were ten, that bonded them together! And god help anyone, who slightly fucks with that special memory. Who makes a movie, that they think disrespects it."

"It sounds like our killer is writing it's own version of Stab 8, but doing it as a requel!" Mindy was finally done with her explaining. "Which is?"

"See, you can't just reboot a franchise from scratch anymore. The fans won't stand for it. Black Christmas, Child's Play, Flatliners... That shit doesn't work! But you can't just do a straight sequel either. You gotta build something new. But not too new or the internet goes bug fucking nuts. It's gotta be a part of a ongoing storyline, even if the story should not be ongoing, in the first place."

"New main characters? Yes, but supported by and related to legacy characters. Not quite a reboot, not quite a sequel. Like the new Halloween, Saw, Terrminator, Jurasic Park, Ghostbusters, fuck even Star Wars!"

"It always, always goes back to the original." She picked up the CD and smirked. "Are you telling me, that I'm caught in the middle of a fan-fucking-fiction?"

"Not just in the middle, Sam. You are the star." She sat down in front of the Carepenter girl. "So, not to put a too fine point on it, but according to requel rules, who's next?" 

"Going by the pattern, whoever it is, they have to be connected to someone, who came before." Mindy said and Ziggy looked down. "I'm starting to regret coming here."

"Jesus, my mon was a character in one of them." Wes them realized and Ziggy placed a comforting hand on his. "No one cares about the shitty infourior sequels, Wes. You're safe. But Ziggy probably isn't."

The blonde looked up. "Why?" Richie asked and Ziggy rolled her eyes. "Because Sidney Prescott, the final girl of every Ghostface killing and Jill Roberts, one of the killers are my cousins."

"And also with Randy as our uncle, we're probably screwed." Mindy turned to Chad. "Wait, what?"

"Or you're the killer and this whole enalaboroued monologue is just to cover your tracks." Mindy scoffed. "I think it's pretty clear, who the killer is at this point."

"Who?" Ziggy asked and Mindy turned to her. "At first I though you are, but since you were always with us, when the killings took place, it's pretty obvious that it's Sam. That makes requel sense."

"That actualy does make a lot of sense." Chad agreed with his sister. Sam looked at the group and stood up. "Fuck this."