CHAPTER SEVEN: the party.

Ziggy stood next to Chad and Ethan in her pirate costume, that matched Tara's. She sipped her alcoholic drink and watched them dance together.  

"Oh, man. Time to start making moves. Yeah, get you out there. Introduce you to some girls! What about her?" Chad pointed at a girl in Harry Potter costume, but Ethan looked at Ziggy first.

"She's gorgeous." He smiled and looked at Ziggy again, who still watched the girl. "Great, ask her out."

"No, I can't." Ethan shook his head and Ziggy got an idea. "That's okay. I'll go talk to her." Ethan frowned slightly, but the blonde didn't notice that.

"Hey, girl!" The brunette turned to her. "Hi!" She smiled at the blonde. "So, what do you think about the guy over there." She pointed at Ethan. "The one next to Chad. He's cute, isn't he?"

"I mean yeah, but isn't that your boyfriend?" Ziggy chuckled and shook her head. "No, why would you think that? Well, it doesn't matter, I won't bother you anymore. Have fun!"

"So? What did she say?" Chad asked as soon as Ziggy walked to them. "Ehm, she said no, because she thought, that we're dating."

"Why would she think that?" Chad furrowed his brows. "I don't know."

"Hey, big guy, you're needed." Anika suddenly walked up to them from behind and both Chad and Ziggy immediately followed her. 

"Hey, partner!" Chad called out at the local creep, Frankie, who was currently dragging Tara upstairs. "Tara's good down here."

"Sorry, bro, I didn't catch that." Frankie scoffed and Ziggy rolled her eyes at him. "Yeah, you did." Chad chuckled. "No, Chad. It's fine. I want to."

"Yeah, see, Chad? She wants to." Frankie the grabbed her by the arm and tried to drag her upstairs, hurting her. "That's enough." Ziggy ran up to Tara and helped her up. 

"Get your fucking hand off her!" Chad grabbed him while Ziggy checked Tara, if she was okay. "Get the fuck off me!"

They began to nudge each other, until Sam inturrupted them. "Sorry to interrupt. I'm just gonna tase you in the balls real quick." And she did as she said.

"Don't ever lay hands on my sister." Frankie groaned in pain. "You fucking bitch!" He cursed. "Sam! Are you fucking kidding me? You're stalking me now."

Tara walked out of the party and the whole group followed. "Tara. Will you stop?"

"I cannot believe you did that! You embarassed me." Tara walked quicker than all of them, clearly angry. "That guy was a dick. He was gonna take advantage of you."

"So? If I want to hook up with an asshole, that's my decision! It's my decision!" She yelled. "Ok." Sam nodded. "It's not about you! I mean, you're out of my life for five years, and then you can't leave me alone for five minutes."

"Because you're not dealing with what happened to us. Have you even gone to see the counselor once?"

"No, I'm not going to." While the two yelled at each other, Ziggy took the helmet off Ethan's head and placed it on her's. "Why not?"

"Because I'm uninterested in living in the past like you are." She finally lowered her voice. "What's that supposted to mean?"

"Guys, come on." Chad called out, as they all were getting annoyed by their argument. "It means I'm not gonna let what happened to us for three days define the rest of my life!"

"So you're just gonna pretend it never happened." Sam said. "What are you doing here, Sam? In New York. You're working two shitty jobs to help with rent, whatever, but what's your plan? I know what I'm gonna do. Ok? Because I'm gonna keep going to college, I'm gonna get my degree and I'm gonna live my life. My life. Ok, I know. You just followed me here and you won't let me out of you sight."

"I'm just trying to look out for you." Sam shrugged. "I know. I know you are. But you can't do it for the rest of my life tho. You have to let me go."

"Hey!" Some girl called out and spilled her drink all over Sam's sweater. "Murderer!" She yelled. "What the fuck is wrong with you, bitch? You got a problem with me?"

"You guys should stay away from her. She knows what she did." The girl stated and Ziggy's blood was boiling by now. "I didn't fucking do anything! I'm so sick of this shit."