Male!Darkrai

Song of the chapter: Dancing On The Grave by Passion Pit

(Y/n) POV

The nightmares were getting worse day by day and there was no way to stop them. Even lunar wings; the only known remedy of the nightmares caused by your favorite Pokémon, Darkrai, wouldn't work. Eventually, he figured out that they weren't able to cure you and left without saying goodbye. He hated being the cause of your recurring night terrors and thought you would be better off without him around.

It had been two months since then and you still haven't found him. Every morning you would head out into the woods that surrounded your house to search for him with your Pokémon. When they got tired, you would go home and wait; hoping that Jirachi would hear your wishes and lead you to Darkrai.

You plopped down on the couch and sighed. I'm probably never going to find him, you thought, stroking your Serperior's head. As if she read your mind, she sent you a glare that said 'Don't even think about giving up on him.' She was the only one out of all your Pokémon that knew of your infatuation with him. It wasn't more than a crush, but after he had gotten the virus that allowed him to freely switch between human and Pokémon form, you couldn't help but fall in love with him.

FLASHBACK TO FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS AGO

"Darkrai! Get your butt down here, it's time to go!" You were about to leave to catch a flight to Johto for a very important tournament. You didn't know why it was taking Darkrai so long to get ready. It's not like you gave him any items to carry or something. You made your way up the stairs to go check on him, hoping that he didn't forget that you were going to a tournament today.

The morning sunlight came through his window and spilled onto the floor; illuminating the room. Hmm, you thought. It was usually dark in there, because as soon as the sun rose he would close the blinds and wait for you to wake up, which was almost always around noon. "Darkrai?" You called, approaching the bed. Sleeping there was a young man, with short silver hair, that had a striking resemblance to your favorite Pokémon. No, this can't be. How did he even get the virus? What am I supposed to do? Thoughts were swimming through your mind as you attempted to wake the human form of Darkrai.

Darkrai's POV

"(Y/n), I'm awake. You don't have to keep shaking me." I stated, pulling her hands off of me. I sat up and tried to calm (y/n) down, but she only became more flustered when the blanket slid past my hips. I obviously wasn't wearing any clothes, because when I was a Pokémon I didn't need them. Her face turned redder than a cherry tomato, and blood began to flow out of her nose. "Is there something wrong? Am I not biologically correct?" I asked. "No! Y-you're fine! I-I'm just not used to seeing you like this." More blood gushed from her nose; dripping onto the bed.

"You're bleeding heavily, do you require medical attention?" I stood and pulled her towards the bathroom so she could, at least, clean her face. "I'm fine. It's just a little blood. Nothing to worry about." She said, grabbing a small towel and putting water on it. I wanted to investigate the source of the bleeding but I knew she probably wouldn't let me. I made a mental note to look it up later.

"Anyways, I think that I might have to keep you in your Pokéball for the time being." She added, after a moment of awkward silence. "I suppose you are right. I will stay in my Pokéball until you buy me clothes or if you are to use me in my Pokémon form for battle." I was kind of disappointed that I wouldn't be able to walk around with (y/n), but it didn't matter. Now that I was human, I could become more than friends with her and we could be together forever. That's all I've ever wanted.

BACK TO THE PRESENT DAY

You went out to search for Darkrai again that evening. You only took your (fav dragon type) with you because all the other Pokémon were asleep and you didn't want to wake them up.