Female!Gardevoir

Sorry for the super long wait! I really didn't mean for it to take this long. Please forgive me, whoever requested this!

Song of the chapter: Oh, La by Ra Ra Riot

(Y/n)'s POV

"Feraligatr! Use Waterfall!" You were battling against a hiker you had met on your way down Mt. Mortar. He had sent out a Rhydon, so you choose your water type Feraligatr to easily sweep his whole team.

After collecting your prize money, you continued on your way down the mountain. It was late evening, and there weren't that many trainers out. Most of them had gone home already, so it was a surprise to see something glowing in the nearby bushes. You and Feraligatr hesitantly crept towards the pulsing light, unaware of what was causing it. You hid behind a boulder and peered over the edge of the rocky surface at the illuminated area.

Hidden in the bushes was a wild Gardevoir Pokéhuman that was attempting to lift a large rock with her psychic powers. She managed to get it a few feet off the ground, but was struggling to lift it higher. This surprised you. Gardevoirs were well known for having exceptional psychic abilities; some have even been seen creating black holes. That being said, why would this one not even be able to levitate a boulder a few feet in the air?

You quietly stepped out from behind the rock and slowly walked towards the Pokéhuman, not wanting her to run away.

"Hey, are you okay?" You called out. She turned towards you, obviously upset that you had interrupted her. "I'm fine. Now if you'll excuse me, I would like to continue my training without you annoying me."

Feraligatr growled at the Gardevoir. He didn't like how rude the other Pokémon was being. Without warning, he launched himself at the psychic type and used Crunch.

"Feraligatr! No!" You cried out, hoping he wouldn't try to attack her again. Pulling out your bag, you tried to find the hyper potion that you had stored earlier. Before you could even try to approach the wounded girl, she quickly used Heartstamp on your Pokémon, knocking him into a nearby tree.

Now you were really confused. Gardevoirs usually didn't have very good physical stats at all, so how could this one push an almost 200 pound Pokémon into a tree?

You ran over to your Feraligatr and began spraying the hyper potion on his bruises and cuts. They began healing almost immediately and after a few moments there was no trace of any injuries. Turning towards the wild Gardevoir, you pulled out an ultra ball.

"We can do this the easy way or we can do it the hard way; it's your choice."

~

Sure enough, Gardevoir became the newest member of your team. You found out that she had an adamant nature, which means that physical attack is improved at the cost of special attack. She had been trying to get better at using her psychic powers for a long time, so you decided to speed up the process by giving her Calcium and using Super Training. Eventually, her two attack stats were about equal, which left you with a few extra Vitamins to give to your other Pokémon.

Overall, Gardevoir was a very good addition to your team. However, her attitude often got in the way of training and sometimes made you lose important battles...

"This is all your fault! You should of used Psychic when I said for you to! Now we have to go back to the beginning of the Elite Four!" You were extremely annoyed with Gardevoir. She had refused to use the moves you had told her to, which resulted in you losing the battle against Koga.

"Well, you should have asked nicely." She pouted and turned away from you. "Everything would work better if you just cooperated." You muttered. This argument went on and on; even as you left the Elite Four to continue training your other Pokémon in Victory Road. You eventually got tired of the conversation and decided to give Gardevoir the silent treatment as you took down wild Pokémon after wild Pokémon.

Meanwhile, Gardevoir sat on a rock behind you, attempting to get you to talk. "(Y/n), how long is this going to go on? It's been hours." She sounded kind of...crestfallen. You considered turning around to see if she was actually sad, but choose not to; not wanting to give her the satisfaction of acknowledgment. Instead, you sent out your grass type and began battling an Onix.

"You know, maybe I would respect you more if you weren't so childish. I mean, you always get angry when something doesn't go your way or if someone doesn't listen to you, instead of trying to talk it out with them." Gardevoir went on to name all the things that make you childish and irresponsible, which turned out to be a very long list and the majority of them were things you did on a daily basis.

A thick knot of guilt began to form in the pit of your stomach. You just now noticed how much you had let your Pokémon down. You were surprised that they even wanted stayed with you. Your mistakes ranged from not appreciating them enough to forgetting about them completely when your friends visited. Even your starter, Feraligatr, had been neglected, at times.

"You can stop talking now. I know I'm a terrible trainer." You admitted, reluctantly. "You're a terrible boyfriend, too." She muttered, crossing her arms and looking away from you. "I have a girlfriend?" You asked, oblivious to what Gardevoir was talking about.

"Yes, you do. It's me." She explained. "And that means you can't talk to any other girls. Ever." You were confused as to why Gardevoir had decided you two were officially a couple, but you weren't complaining. She was beautiful, smart, and creative; but could still hold her own in a fight. She had everything you could ask for and more.

Without thinking, you walked over to Gardevoir and gently placed your lips on hers in a chaste kiss. When you pulled back, both of your faces were flushed from the contact. Gardevoir pouted and turned away from you. "Good boyfriends aren't supposed just run up and kiss their girlfriends." She mumbled. You smirked and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"I think you're going to have to teach me how to be a good boyfriend."

This took waaaaaay longer than it was supposed to.... So so so sorry!