Male!Lugia

Song of the chapter: Isabella of Castile by STRFKR

(Y/n)'s POV

"Uh... (y/n)?" Lugia called from across the house. You sighed, putting down what you were doing and got up to go see what he needed. After tracking down where his voice was coming from, you found yourself in his study with him and your three year old daughter. Lugia was attempting to finish some of his work, but (y/d/n) was pestering him by asking the same questions over and over again. It was one of those things that children did that drove you crazy, so as soon as you entered the room, you began to back out slowly.

"(Y/n), please? I need to concentrate on this." He pleaded, putting down his pen and looking up at you. You sighed and plucked your daughter out of the chair in front of Lugia's desk. She was an angel most of the time, but every once in a while she would annoy you with her antics and energetic personality.

"Mommy, why is daddy always so busy with stuff?" (Y/d/n) asked as both of you stepped out the back door, your feet meeting the softness of the warm sand that covered the beaches of the Whirl Islands. Lugia had brought you to live with him there after you two had gotten married and decided to stay there when he had found out you were pregnant with (y/d/n).

"It's because he has a lot of things to do, like watch over Articuno and the other legendary birds, keep balance with Ho-Oh, stop raging storms, not to mention he's the guardian of the seas. All of that put together makes for a pretty busy schedule." You explained, wriggling your toes in the sand.

"But why does he have to do it? Why can't someone else?" She pouted and crossed her arms. "Because he's the only one that is strong enough to do all those things simultaneously." You said as the wind blew your (h/c) hair into your eyes.

"So Arceus can't do it?" Your daughter's naïveté was really starting to get to you now. "Arceus has his own stuff to deal with. That's why he lets the legendary Pokémon have control over certain things."

(Y/d/n) was finally beginning to understand the concept of having all the legendaries do their own thing. You didn't want her to start asking more questions, so you guided her to a medium sized mound of sand and got started on showing her how to mold it into the shape of a castle.

TIME-SKIP

After spending more than two hours messing with sand, running back and forth between the castle and the ocean, and sitting in the heat; you felt the need to take a nice, long nap. You stumbled into the bedroom that Lugia and you share, completely exhausted. (Y/n/d) had apparently felt the same way and decided to have her afternoon nap earlier than usual.

However, before you could even take a shower, Lugia burst into the room; an excited expression on his face. "(Y/n)! I have a wonderful idea of what we can do this evening. It's going to be a full moon tonight, so we should go swimming together. I want to make up for not paying as much attention to you lately." He suggested, wrapping his arms around you in a tight embrace.

"That sounds like a great idea, but I really need to rest right now, so remind me about it later." Lugia practically skipped out of your room when he heard you agree to his plans. You sighed. His childish actions never failed to put a smile on your face.

TIME-SKIP

Lugia's POV

At nine o'clock sharp, I ran into our room and shook (y/n) until she finally opened her eyes. "Come on! Let's go swimming now!" I continued shaking her, but all she did was pull the covers over her head and turn the other way.

"I'm too tired." She mumbled, sinking deeper into sheets. "Awww~ But you promised we would go..." I was really disappointed that (y/n) didn't want to spend time with me. "I don't feel like going anymore..." She said, rolling over so that her face was buried in one of the pillows. "Do you not feel well?" I questioned as I slid into bed next to her.

"I'm fine. Just tired. Maybe we can swim tomorrow instead." She suggested. I felt a little better after (y/n) said that, but my mood was gloomy enough that I began to hear the pitter-patter of rain outside.

"Can we at least cuddle?" I asked, hoping that we could still enjoy this evening together. (Y/n) giggled and practically crawled on top of me. "You're so warm, Lugia." She commented, nuzzling into my chest. "I am? Wow, I never noticed." I wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer to me. There was a long moment of silence before she spoke again.

"I love you, Lugia."

""I love you too, (y/n). Don't ever forget that."

(This took me forever to write. Sorry about that. I'm probably going to have to make them shorter so that they won't take as long. Comment which you think I should do. Long with few updates or short with more updates?)