Male!Pikachu

Song of the chapter: Five Foot Ten by Passion Pit

(Y/n) POV

"Pretty please?" Pikachu was pleading with you to take him to the festival that was happening in Saffron City. "I already told you no. We need to focus on training to beat Sabrina, the Gym Leader." You stated, not fazed by his cuteness. He pouted and started to walk away. "Well, if you need me, I'll be in my room. Definitely not at a super fun festival." He said, pretending to cry.

You sighed. "I might take you, if we beat the Gym Lead-" Your words were cut off when Pikachu enveloped you in a bear hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He chanted, spinning you around in circles. "Okay, you can put me down now." You said, trying to loosen his grip on you. "Come on, we have to go train so that we can beat Sabrina!" He pulled you out the door and started in the direction of the Saffron City. This is going to be a long day, you thought.

TIME-SKIP

It was around five o'clock in the evening when you decided that you and Pikachu were ready to take on the Gym Leader. You had already battled all the Gym Trainers and healed your Pokémon to prepare for this moment.

Sabrina was standing in the middle of a dark blue room that had no doors, for the only way to get around the gym was by the bright green warp panels. She had slick black hair and wore surprisingly casual clothes for someone with psychic powers. The only thing weird about her was that she had thick bangles on her wrist that were surrounded by a neon green aura.

"I knew you were coming... Three years ago I had a vision of your arrival. You're after my badge. I don't enjoy battling, but it's my duty as a Gym Leader to confer badges on anyone who has proven him− or herself worthy. Since you wish it, I will show you my psychic powers!" She declared, sending out her first Pokémon which was an Espeon.

You countered by sending out your favorite dark type and telling him to use Dark Pulse. The Espeon dodged the attack and used Calm Mind to raise its special attack and special defense. You knew that it didn't have very good physical defense, so you asked your Pokémon to use Crunch and it was a one hit K.O.

The next Pokémon she sent out was a female Mr. Mime. It was part fairy type, so you switched out your dark type for Pikachu, who was more than ready to battle; his cheeks were leaking electricity and he had a determined look on his face. "Pikachu, use Iron Tail!" He nodded and complied with your demand, successfully making the other Pokémon faint.

Now, all that's left was her Alakazam, a pure psychic type. You sent your dark type back out, thinking that you could one hit K.O. it like you did with her Espeon, but the Alakazam was faster and used Focus Blast. You returned your dark type to his Pokéball and Pikachu jumped off your shoulder, still full of energy. "Go Pikachu! Use Volt Tackle!" You called out. He surrounded himself in a strong electric current and charged at the other Pokémon.

There was a bright flash of light as Pikachu made contact with Alakazam. The psychic Pokémon was launched across the room, leaving it unable to battle. You ran over and pulled your Pikachu into a congratulatory hug, not caring that he was still in Pokémon form. His static made your hair stand on end like someone had rubbed a balloon all over it.

"Your power... It far exceeds what I foresaw... Maybe it isn't possible to fully predict what the future holds... Okay, you win. You earned yourself the Marsh Badge." Sabrina says as she hands you the badge. "I failed to accurately predict your power. That means that your power is beyond my psychic ability. You deserve this. Please take this TM, too. It contains Skill Swap! It swaps abilities between the user and the target. You will become a celebrated and beloved Champion!" You put the badge along with the TM in your bag.

When you got outside, you noticed that the festival was in full swing. There was Snorlax balloons tied to lamp post, small shops selling souvenirs, you even saw Gym Leaders from other cities. "(Y/n), come on! Let's go check out stuff!" Pikachu, who was now in his human form, pulled you towards one of the booths that had Marill shaped cake pops. You sighed. Pikachu was so energetic sometimes that it that it was hard to keep up with him.

"These are really good!" You mumbled around a mouthful of cake pops. "Yeah, I know." He said, shoving three of them in his mouth at once. You wondered how he never got fat from eating so much food. Maybe the fat turned into electricity.

"Look! A Ferris wheel! We have to go ride it!" He insisted, running off in that direction. You took off after Pikachu, not wanting to be left behind. Both of you dashed through the thick crowd of people. They looked at you weird, but neither of you seemed to care.

Fortunately, the line was short and you were able to get in one of the Jigglypuff gondolas. "Wow, I can see the whole city from up here." You noted, marveling at all the beautiful lights and decorations. "It's really pretty. Almost as much as you, (y/n)." He leaned over and pecked you on the cheek. Your whole face turned the color of a shiny Gyarados. Pikachu giggled and pressed his lips against yours in a tender kiss. You were surprised at first, but slowly began to kiss him back.

"I've wanted to do that for a while." Pikachu admitted, pulling back a little. "Me too." You were still blushing like crazy. "Well, that's nice to know. It would be kinda awkward if you didn't." He said, laughing a little. You smiled and pulled him into a hug. "Oh, Pikachu, what would I do without you?"