Male!Eevee

Song of the chapter: Let Your Love Grow Tall by Passion Pit

(Y/n)'s POV

"It's so unfair! Why have all your other Pokémon evolved when I haven't!" Eevee was extremely disappointed that he was the only not fully evolved Pokémon in your team, even though he was the first one you had ever gotten.

"It's okay, Eevee. Some Pokémon just take a long time to evolve. Besides, you don't even know what Eeveelution you want to change into." You said, trying to change the subject. You didn't want him to feel bad about something he didn't really have control over. "Hmmm. Maybe we should go visit all my Eeveelutions friends to see which one I should become." He suggested. Happy that he was feeling proactive and not gloomy, you grabbed your fiancé's arm and started towards the front door.

"That's a great idea! Come on let's go!" You exclaimed as you pulled him out through the doorway and into the humid afternoon air. It was unusually warm in Celadon City for this time of year and you were feeling the full effect. By the time you got to Jolteon's house, your body was drenched in sweat and you wished you hadn't run the whole way.

"H-hey... Jolteon." You gasped, completely out of breath. "Hey, (y/n). Hey, Eevee. Is there anything that you need?" She greeted, leading us inside her home. It was a very modern style house; everything was angular and a black and white color scheme coated the interior. The only living thing in the entire house, other than you, Eevee, and Jolteon, was a small bonsai tree that sat on a window sill.

"I was just wondering what it's like being a Jolteon. I want to evolve, but I don't know what Eeveelution fits me best." Eevee answered, following her into a large living room that was sparsely furnished with black leather couches.

"It's wonderful being a Jolteon! You have so much energy and get things done a lot faster than the other Eeveelutions. Not to mention that you can drop thunderbolts wherever and whenever you want. The only downside is that you get hurt a lot easier and you can't attack physically that well." She continued to explain all the perks and drawbacks of becoming a Jolteon, including the fact that all you needed to evolve was a thunderstone.

"That sounds awesome, but I think I'd prefer to be a more defensive Eeveelution. I want to be able to protect (y/n) and our unborn child." He said, looking in your direction. You were two months pregnant with his child and that made him extremely protective over you.

"Then maybe you should consider becoming a Umbreon or a Leafeon. Their special defense and physical defense are superior compared to the rest of us. Leafeon is slightly better in physical defense than special and the opposite goes for Umbreon; it has better special defense. If you want more information about that, you should go visit them in Fuchsia City." She recommended, just as Flareon walked into the room. He glared at you and Eevee before sitting down next to Jolteon.

"What are they doing here?" He asked, his tone layered with hostility and loathing. He made it quite obvious that he hated both of you. "Don't be so mean, Flareon. They just wanted to pay us a visit." She said. He seemed to contemplate that for a moment. "Can't you make them go away?" Now he sounded like a little kid asking his mother to get rid of the monsters in the closet.

Usually you would laugh when something like that happens, but you didn't because you knew why he was like that around you two. His trainer had abandoned him for a stronger Pokémon and left him all alone in a dark forest. When he saw how close you and Eevee were, he couldn't help but feel jealous. He had Jolteon, of course, but a Pokémon-Pokémon relationship is much different than the bond between a trainer and their Pokémon.

Jolteon gave you an apologetic smile as she escorted out of her house. "I'm so sorry about how Flareon acted. If there's anyway for me to make it up to you, please tell me and I'll try to fulfill it to the best of my ability." She promised.

"No, it's fine. It's not your fault he's like that. Hopefully the next time we visit he'll be better." Eevee said, turning to walk down the stone pathway and towards Fuchsia City.

TIME-SKIP

Eevee's POV

After a whole lot of walking and checking the Town Map, we finally made it to Umbreon and Leafeon's home. Their house was very cozy and warm, it also had a rustic feel to it; the walls, ceiling, and furniture were all made of cherry and lyptus wood.

"We haven't seen you in a long time, Eevee. How have you and (y/n) been?" Umbreon questioned as soon as he opened the door. "We've been well. How are you and Leafeon doing?" I asked, following him into a small sitting room. Leafeon was in the room playing with their three year old daughter and when she saw us come in she walked over and embraced (y/n) and me.

"It's been so long! Is there anything that you need?" She looked very excited to see us. "Well, I sort of want to evolve, but I don't know what Eeveelution is best for me and (y/n). I need to be able to protect her and our child, so I came here to see if being a Umbreon or Leafeon is a good idea." I explained.

"We should talk about this over a cup of tea. I'll go make some for all of us." She chirped, leaving to go make us tea.

(Y/n) and I sat down on the incredibly soft and cushiony couch that was pushed up against the wall opposite the door of the room. Umbreon was sitting on the floor with his daughter, entertaining her with the many child friendly toys that were scattered around.

When Leafeon finally came back, in her arms was a fancy tea set that had teacups full of expensive looking tea. She set it down on the coffee table and turned her attention to me.

"So, what would you like to know about Umbreons and Leafeons?" She asked, taking a sip of her drink. "Well, Jolteon said that you have the best defenses out of all the Eeveelutions. Is that true?" I asked, the aroma of the tea filling the room.

"Yes, it is. But Umbreon's special defense is a little bit better than mine and my defense is a little bit better than his. It not a big difference though, so don't worry about it. The only things that make us significantly different is type and how we evolve; I have to be around a special mossy rock and he has to train in the moonlight." She said, sipping more of her tea.

"Where is the special mossy rock?" (Y/n) questioned. "There isn't one in Kanto or Johto, but there is one in Sinnoh. It's pretty far away, but the trip is worth it. Their cities are absolutely beautiful." Leafeon answered.

"Well, I think I have enough information to make a responsible decision. I'll see you two later." I said, getting up and heading towards the door.

TIME-SKIP

When we got back home, (y/n) immediately asked me what my choice was. "I've decided that I'm going to wait a while before evolving, because being an Eevee is the best, in my opinion." I stated. (Y/n) giggled and kissed my cheek. "You're so weird, Eevee." She said, pulling me into a tight hug. "How am I weird?" I asked, cuddling with her.

"Because a few hours ago you were begging me to buy you an evolutionary stone and now you don't even want to evolve. You change your mind way too much. " She explained. "You're so mean, (y/n)-chan." I pouted and squirmed out of her embrace, heading in the direction of the door.

"Wait! Cuddle time isn't over yet!" She ran and tackled me to the ground before I could try to run away. "You mustn't leave this spot until cuddle time is over." She ordered, snuggling closer to me. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you, (y/n)."

"I love you too, Eevee."

(This one took forever, but oh well too bad. Up next is Glaceon!Reader X Male!Sylveon)