Male!Lucario

Song of the chapter: Electric Feel by Henry Green || MGMT Cover (Gespleu Downcast Edit)

Lucario's POV

We were completely lost and it was all (y/n)'s fault. She had read the map upside down and sent us in a totally different direction than we were supposed to be going in.

"Lucario, can we stop? My feet are killing me." She complained. "It's your fault we're out here. I didn't even want to go camping in a first place." I snapped, making a mental note to never give in to her pleading again. She had spent a whole afternoon trying to convince me that a camping trip would strengthen our relationship and make us a better pair. Eventually, I got tired of her whining and told her that we could go.

Taking the map from her hands, I tried to figure out where we were. There should be a lake a few kilometers up ahead, I thought. If it was, then we were one step closer to finding our way back to the campsite. "Lucario, I'm tired. Can't we take a little break?" She stopped and held my arm to keep me from walking any farther. "If we take a break then we won't have time to get back to the campsite before nightfall." I said, pulling my arm out of her grip.

"Maybe that's not such a bad thing. I mean, we could sleep under the stars and that sounds way more romantic than sitting in a tent." (Y/n) suggested. "I already told you no. We need to keep walking." I began to walk in the direction of the lake, but she moved to stand in front of me.

"Luca... Please?" Her eyes looked glassy, as if she was about to cry. "Don't call me that." I insisted, stepping around her. "Fine. Be that way. I'll just find the way back on my own." She sobbed, storming deeper into the forest. I sighed and continued in the right direction, knowing that she was probably just hiding in the bushes and would come out eventually.

(Y/n) POV

Night was approaching quickly and to make it worse, you were even more lost than before. All the trees looked the same and it was as if you were just going in circles. To be honest, you sort of wished that you had stayed with Lucario. He was much better at directions and being around him made you feel much safer than being by yourself.

That's when the temperature of the air around you dropped suddenly and unexpectedly. You gasped when you felt icy cold hands trail over your arms. "Who's there? Show yourself!" Your voice was laced with fear.

"Don't worry, darling. I won't hurt you." A shadowy figure materialized before you. He had spiky dark purple hair and matching clothes. "What's a pretty thing like you doing all alone in the woods? That's asking for trouble." His pinkish-red eyes were filled with mischief. "Leave me alone." You demanded, taking a few steps back. "You're a feisty one, aren't you?" He whispered, taking a step forward to close the distance. You kept backing up until you felt the rough bark of a tree behind you. You were trapped.

A roguish smile appeared on his face. "This is going to be fun." He murmured, his lips meeting yours in a passionate kiss. You immediately shoved him off you and took off running.

Tree branches snagged on your hair and clothes but you kept going. You couldn't let him catch up to you, because if he did... You didn't even want to think about it. "You can't run from me!" He shouted, a sadistic tone layering his voice. Gengar was a fast Pokémon, so you knew you couldn't outrun him for long. There was only one thing that could get you out of this situation-Lucario.

You yelled his name, hoping that he was close enough to hear and he wasn't still mad at you. Please, Luca, help me, you thought.

Lucario's POV

I was sitting on the shore of Lake Verity, thinking about what I said to (y/n). Maybe I should've just said yes to her. We've been friends ever since we first met and now that might be over because of me.

I was snapped out of my doldrums when I heard (y/n)'s voice in my head. Please, Luca, help me. I instantly shot up and sprinted off in the direction of her voice. It was weird how listening to her telepathically was just like hearing her voice normally, except I knew exactly where she was and what was happening.

After a while of running, I came to a clearing in the forest. In the clearing was (y/n) and the Gengar, but (y/n) was on the ground and covered in a dark substance. It stained the entire front of her shirt and was starting to do the same to the grass around her.

"What did you do to her?" I asked, my voice laced with fury. "She wasn't cooperating, so I thought that I would use Shadow Claw on her and see what happens. Turns out that humans bleed a lot more than I predicted." A sadistic grin spread across his face.

All logic and reasoning completely left my head. I charged at the other Pokémon and used Dark Pulse, enveloping him in a shadowy aura. It was super effective so it was a one hit K.O. After the Gengar fainted, I ran over to (y/n) to see if she was alright.

She was just barely alive. Her skin was pale like something had sucked the life out of her and she was bleeding heavily. I held my hand over her stomach and used Heal Pulse. (Y/n) had once told me it was a useless move and wanted to replace it with Close Combat, but I refused to learn it because I knew something like this would happen.

When she was fully healed, I gathered her up in my arms and started in the direction of Lake Verity.

TIME-SKIP TO NEXT MORNING

Eventually, (y/n) woke up and insisted that I never leave her side again. When I countered that she was the one who walked away from me, she said that I should've still been with her. It was kinda quiet as both of us watched the sun begin to rise. It was very relaxing after what happened last night and we both felt that talking would most likely ruin that feeling.

We probably sat there for hours enjoying the tranquility of the lake, but I didn't mind. Being with (y/n) was the only thing that mattered to me.

The End.

(Up next is Male!Umbreon -PriusTesla)