ONZE

Chapter Eleven
Father Knows Best
✶ ✶

Sebastian had fought up to Emilia at the parking lot, he had a worried expression over his features, to him it seemed that Emilia had going something going on in her mind. Something other than the game.

"Where are you going." He promptly asked running a hand through his brown hair.

"Brunch." Emilia spoke softly, she sure as hell didn't want to spend an hour of her time either her lying and deceiving father.

"May I ask with who?" He walked by her side, hands in his pocket a slight breeze messing up his somewhat already messy hair.

"It's not really any of your business Seb." Emilia opened unlocked her car, her finger fiddling with the keys, Sebastian trailing behind her, he softly smiled as the words left her mouth. It had been indeed been a while since ce she had called him Seb.

"I'm just making sure you don't break any rules." Sebastian raised his hands lightly motioning to Emilia that he was being sincere.

"I have to meet up with my father." She blankly stated opening g the car door but was met with Sebastian's warm hand on her arm, she stopped in her tracks and looked directly into his soft brown eyes.

"Let me take you." He let out a small smile and started taking his car keys out.

"Fine," Emilia sighed, "only because I really don't want to go there alone."

There was a confortable silence in the air and Sebastian and Emilia both sat on the black Bugatti, Sebastian had a tight grip on the steering wheel and hadn't bothered to speak to Emilia ever since he had picked her up at the school's courtyard.

Emilia didn't make any effort either, she just stared ahead with a blank expression and a stiff posture. Sebastian had noticed this, yet he kept his mouth shut. He was already going to get a mouthful from Jeremiah when he arrived back to school, no need to make things worse and actually engage in conversation.

The blonde was no longer as mad as she was when she had found out about her father's affair, she no longer felt the need to scream at her father for what he had done. She was just going to make sure he felt bad enough to never do it again.

Don't get me wrong, she wasn't mad that she had caught him screwing around with another person, he had been doing that for years now. The thing that really got under her skin was the fact that they were doing it in Zachary's room.

There was an unspoken rule in her household, nobody could go into Zachary's room and nobody could change it or rearrange it.

Her father had certainly not gotten it through his thick scull that the room was off limits, so Emilia threatened him this morning that if he didn't get his fuckbody off Zachary's bed she would tell Lorelei about the incident.

The man didn't have to think twice and obeyed his daughter.

Sebastian tapped Emilia's small shoulders to tell her they had arrived, she looked at him and shot him a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Do you want me to walk you in?" He told her as he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel with a bored expression, yet there was a small hint of curiosity that hid in his dark brown eyes.

Emilia parted here lips to say no, but she didn't want to. She knew perfectly well that she didn't want to walk in there alone, she also knew perfectly well that if she brought someone with her to their little gathering it would make her father's blood boil.

And she was perfectly fine with that.

So without much thought she hummed, which signaled her approval of the suggestion and waited for Sebastian to open her door.

Which he did, with a lazy smile and a hint of amusement. He really shouldn't have been that amused, he was going to wish he hadn't even offered to accompany her.

But Emilia let him have his little moment, to enjoy the calm before her father's anger washed over both of them. She was also going to have to prepare herself for that, she always had hated it when her father screamed.

Especially when he screamed at Lorelei.

A man on a sharp suit opened the door for both of them, and Emilia thanked him before they were led towards a private area that her father had reserved.

Emilia came to a halt when she saw her father and unconsciously took hold of Sebastian's wrist. She stared at the man as he took a sip of his mimosa, his cold green eyes stared back at Emilia with a firm stance.

His hair was gelled back and his sharp features resembled Zachary's, it really did hurt Emilia to have to look at her father, it hurt even more now because she absolutely despised him. And it somewhat felt as if she despised Zachary.

Nonetheless he was handsome even though he was reaching early fifties, Emilia's mother always made sure to show him off to her snobby friends to make sure they knew he still looked better than all of their crusty husbands.

Too bad he was gay, too bad that Lorelei hadn't caught on to that before, and too bad that Emilia had to be stuck here in a brunch she didn't want to be in.

Emilia took a deep breath before leading Sebastian with her closer to the table, she didn't bother to smile at her father, she just sat down and motioned Sebastian to follow suit.

"Father." Emilia licked her rosy lips as she set her napkin over her lap.

"Emilia," his father retorted, setting down the mimosa over the black table, "I'm glad you could join us, our guest will be here momentarily."

Emilia nodded absentmindedly before looking around the restaurant, her eyes landed on Sebastian's and she shot him a small smile. He smiled back before motioning her father with his eyes.

"This is Sebastian," she said as she rested her hand on his shoulder, "I didn't really feel like dealing with you alone."

Her father clenched his jaw as he eyed Sebastian, he nodded in acknowledgment as he presented his hand up to Sebastian, "I'm Christian Taylor, but call me sir."

Sebastian took it with a laidback smirk, yet he still gripped Christian's hand in a firm posture, his eyes held a challenging expression.

When they let go Christian turned his attention towards Emilia, he fiddle with his wedding ring which was only there for show and opened his mouth to talk, "Your mother told me that bouquets of flowers had been sent under the sure-name Sutton. You know how we feel about that family, Emilia."

Emilia rolled her eyes, "I'm more surprised about the fact that we are even talking about Lorelei, besides even if he were sending me flowers what does it have to do with anything." Emilia tilted her head and eyed her father.

"I'll repeat myself again, why was a Sutton sending you flowers?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at Emilia.

"Nothing important father, I'm handling it." Emilia tapped her heel against the smooth hardwood floors.

"Handle it faster."