Chapter 6

Erin's POV
*I woke up with the urge to pee so I rolled out of bed and checked the time and it read 2:05am I started my walk to the bathroom and before I could step onto the tile I felt liquid go down my legs and I knew it wasn't pee which means it could only mean that my water just broke !*
Erin:JAY!
*after I yell his name he jumps right up*
Jay:everything ok ?
Erin:my water just broke
Jay:oh uh ok
Erin:can you pass me some comfy clothes please ?
Jay:yeah *grabs clothes* here ya go
Erin:thanks
*I put on the pair of sweats and one of his shirts on and I brushed my hair into a messy bun and then jay helped me go down the stairs and I put on my slippers and we got in the truck and drove to med*
At Med
*once we arrived to the hospital jay took my hand and we walked inside*
Maggie:what brings you guys here ?
Erin:it's time
Maggie:omg! Your water broke ?
Erin:yeah
Maggie:ok dr manning !
Natalie:yeah ?
Maggie:Erin's water broke get her a wheelchair and bring her upstairs please
Natalie:oh my goodness I'll be right there !
*Natalie brings me a wheelchair and I sit down it and she brings me upstairs to the labour and delivery floor and she hands me over to dr lee*
Dr:Erin,jay ! Is it baby time ?
Erin:yup !
Dr:did your water break ?
Erin:yes
Dr:how long ago ?
Erin:idk maybe 20 mins
Dr:ok can you change into these for me please and then get up on the bed ?
Erin:yeah sure !
*I got changed into the dressing gown she gave me and I hopped Into the hospital bed*
Dr:ok open your legs for me please so I can see how dilated you are
*I do what I'm told*
Dr:so it looks like your 6cm dilated so I'm going fo go ahead and give you a epidural if that's what you want ?
Erin:yes please !
Dr:ok I'll be right back
*dr lee goes and get the epidural ready to give me and when she comes back she does what she has to do*
Dr:ok so I'm going to come and check on you every 30 mins to see how fast you dilate and if you ever feel like you need to push call out to a nurse or click this button here ok?
Erin:sounds good ! Thanks
Dr:no problem !
*dr lee leaves the room and now it's just me and jay*
Erin:can you let Hank know that I'm in the hospital please
Jay:already done !
Erin:your the best !
Jay:I know *smiles*
Erin:can you post something on insta to let all my friends and family know ?
Jay:I sure can !
*jay takes a photo of me and all of a sudden I get a notification from instagram on my phone so I open it to see it*

Erin's POV*I woke up with the urge to pee so I rolled out of bed and checked the time and it read 2:05am I started my walk to the bathroom and before I could step onto the tile I felt liquid go down my legs and I knew it wasn't pee which means it ...

@jay.Halstead
Caption:it's Baby time ! Wishing my wife @Erin.Halstead a very safe and healthy Delivery ❤️❤️
Liked by 100 people
Comments
@Kim.burgess:you got this Erin !! Just take it one contraction at a time ❤️❤️
@Bri.mills:so happy for you guys !! Wishing you a very safe delivery !💗
@gabby.Dawson:you got this Erin !! Soon enough you will have your little bundle of joy in your arms !💕💕
@Kelly.severide:wishing you all nothing but the best ! You got this Erin !
@will.Halstead:you got this Erin ! 💕 And try not to pass out jay 🤣
^i'm not planning on passing out !^
@Leslie.Shay:just take it one contraction at a time and remember to breath ! (The both of you) you got this Erin !!❤️❤️
@Adam.ruzek:wishing you a very safe delivery !! Can't wait to meet this little bean !
@Hank.voight:keep me in the loop ! I'm only a phone call away !!
@April.sexton:wishing you nothing but the best in this new journey !! You got this Erin !
@Connor.Rhodes:your going to do awesome Erin ! Just remember to Breathe!
@Kevin.Atwater:you got this Erin !!
@Trudy.Platt:Erin my darling ! Your one of the strongest women I know ! And I know your going to do awesome !! You got this !!
@Matt.Casey:you got this Erin !! Can't wait to meet this little bean !!
@Christopher.Herman:wishing you nothing but the best ! You got this Erin !!
@Cindy.Hermann:Erin my dear! Wishing you all the best and I'm praying you have a safe delivery !! You got this !!❤️
@Jenna.mills:you got this Erin !! I can't wait to meet him or her ❤️❤️
@joe.Cruz:wishing you nothing but the best ! You got this Erin !!
@Erin.Halstead:thank you all for the kind words ! 💕 so far everything looks good !

*I read through all of the comments on jays post and they all put a smile on my face knowing I have such a great group of people Around me who support me !*
A few hours later
*the doctor came in about 20 mins ago ans told me I was now 9cm dilated and she was going to go get her stuff and come back so now it's just the waiting game cause this baby is going to come within minutes!!*
Jays POV
*the doctor came in and told Erin it was time to push ! I held onto her hand and she squeezed me tightly as she screamed off of the top of her lungs and after the 8th push we heard the cry of our newborn baby ! And smiles appeared on both of our faces!*
Dr:congratulations you guys on the birth of your Healthy baby boy ! *smiles*
Erin:omg !! It's a boy ! *starts to cry and smile*
Jay:that's amazing !!
Dr:he's all cleaned up and I'll let you have some time with him !
Erin:thank you !
*the doctor left and we took in our beautiful baby boy !*