Chapter 8

Erin's POV
*we have been home from the hospital with Nathan for 4 days now and today we are having our newborn baby session here at the house and I'm so excited! Nathan decided to wake up at 5:35 am crying so I picked him up and have him some milk and then he fell asleep again in my arms and i jsut couldn't take the risk of laying him down incase he cried again*
2 hours later
*its been 2 hours and Nathan is still asleep in my arms . I managed to get some sleep but not as much as I wanted but that's life with a newborn my alarm went off at 8am which means I had to start getting ready so I woke up jay to see if he could hold nathan cause I tried to lay him down and he started to cry again*
Erin:jay !
Jay:yeah ?
Erin:can you hold Nathan he won't sleep unless he's being gold
Jay:oh yeah
*jay took Nathan and I got in the shower before getting dressed*

*I put this dress on and I curled my hair and did some makeup before putting on a pair of air Forces and then I walked into my bedroom and Nathan was awake laying in his pack n play while jay got changed into jeans and a white shirt*Erin:good morn...

Erin:good morning my baby boy *I say while picking up Nathan*
Jay:did you get much sleep last night ?
Erin:not as much as I wanted but I did get a good amount until this morning
Jay:did he wake up ?
Erin:yeah he was hungry so I fed him and when I went to lay him back down he started to cry so I held him and then when he fell asleep I tried to lay him down again and he kept stirring so I just held him
Jay:what time was that ?
Erin:5:30 ish
Jay:did you go back to sleep ?
Erin:here and there
Jay:you can wake me up at any time you know incase this happens
Erin:I know but you stayed up with him last night so I wanted to let you sleep
Jay:anyways when is our shoot ?
Erin:like in an hour
Jay:k
*we headed downstairs and I got Nathan changed in the living room cause his swaddle was in the dryer and he looked so handsome*
An hour later
*after an hour of cleaning up the house the doorbell rang jay went and opened it and he came back with Chantelle*
Chantelle:hey guys ! *smiles*
Erin:hey ! How are you ?
Chantelle:great how are you ?
Erin:hanging in there *smiles*
Chantelle:oh my goodness!! I knows he not sweet !
Erin:he's a cute one ! *smiles*
Chantelle:shall we get started ?
Jay:yes !
*we showed Chantelle all the places we wanted our pics took so she could set up the lights and stuff and after about 20 mins she came back down and said she was ready !*
Chantelle:now what type of pics are you looking to hey done ?
Erin:I want some of Nathan by himself and then some mommy,son and Daddy son and then some family shots
Chantelle:sounds good ! I can start with some solo shots of Nathan as he seems pretty content right now
Erin:that sounds great !
*chantelle told us the positions she wanted Nathan to be in and we moved him around while she took the pictures and then we moved onto some family shoots since they were the 2nd most important pics ! And Nathan was doing so so good !*
Chantelle:alright now some mommy son pics ?
Erin:I'm shocked he hasn't cried yet
Chantelle:me to ! He's such a good baby
Jay:you can say that again ! *smiles*
*chantelle takes the pictures of me and Nathan and then it was jays turns and Chantelle was doing such a amazing job !*
About an hour later
*once Chantelle was done taking the photos she packed up her lights and camera and we paid her the money and then we said goodbye before she left*
Jay:what time is it ?
Erin:it's 10:56
Jay:want me to order in some breakfast from the cafe ?
Erin:oh my goodness yes !!
Jay:what do you want ?
Erin:the breakfast bowl
Jay:which one the steak or sausage?
Erin:sausage
Jay:k
*I gave Nathan some more milk and then I laid him down in his bassinet and he fell asleep ! He was such a good baby this morning and I couldn't be any happier!*
An hour later
*jay was in the shower when I heard the door bell ring so I opened it and here was Bri with our food !*
Bri:good morning Halstead's !
Erin:hey Bri ! Aren't you supposed to be at the cafe ?
Bri:yes but I saw your order come in and I had to come deliver it cause I wanted to see Nathan
Erin:come in ! He's currently asleep but you can still see him
*we walked into the living room and Bri said hi to Nathan and then she had to run so I got the food out of the bag and I started eating when I got a notification from Chantelle saying the photos were ready and that they were sent to my drive so I opened them and immediately downloaded them and posted them on Instagram*

*I put this dress on and I curled my hair and did some makeup before putting on a pair of air Forces and then I walked into my bedroom and Nathan was awake laying in his pack n play while jay got changed into jeans and a white shirt*Erin:good morn...

@Erin.Halstead
Caption:our first family photoshoot as a family of 3 is complete !! A huge thanks going out to @Keepsakephotography for capturing these beautiful moments with our newborn son Nathan !! Myself and @Jay.Halstead love them so so much !
Liked by 100 people
Comments
@Kim.burgess:ahhh !! All of these pictures are beautiful!! I can't wait to meet little Nathan !❤️❤️
^he can't wait to meet his auntie Kim !^
@Natalie.manning:these pics are beautiful!!
@Kelly.severide:Nathan is such a handsome little guy !
^just like his daddy 😉^
*I then posted my favourite pic to be my profile pic*

severide:Nathan is such a handsome little guy !^just like his daddy 😉^*I then posted my favourite pic to be my profile pic*

@Erin.Halstead
Caption:my whole heart !💕 @Jay.Halstead
Liked by 100 people
Comments
@Natalie.manning:Omg !! This picture is absolutely Beautiful!!
@Kelly.severide:this is THE picture !
@Cindy.Hermann:oh my Erin ! Parenthood looks great on the both of you ! Congratulations again on the birth of your precious son Nathan !!❤️❤️