Chapter 20: Jax Easton

"Sure, I'll go," I agree.

"I didn't ask you," he chuckles.

"But I'll go. I highly doubt anyone else wants to leave their Old Ladies and you don't want to send a newby."

"First of all, Scout and Rubble are great."

"I didn't say that they weren't, Alpha. I just said that you're not going to send them for this."

"Second, Bear and Kate would go together."

"Do you just wanna cause a fight and kill people or?"

"I was also thinking Bullet and Piper."

I have nothing in rebuttal against that one. It would be a fucking good team.

"But you talked to me first?"

"Because I want you to want it, Slasher."

"I want it!"

"Do you really? Because the first thing you said was daddy to me."

"Technically the first thing I said was 'all' but I'll let the mistake slide."

"Fucking hell, Slasher, be fucking serious," Alpha practically growls.

Oh shit. I'm like a kid about to be fucking reamed.

"Alright, I hear you. Shit, I'm sorry, boss."

"I'm letting you go. Take Iris with you for all I care. This is your chance, Slasher. Don't fuck this up."

I nod my head, feeling sort of ashamed of my behavior. He waves me off, clearly in need of a break from me. He's going to call Persephone after this talk.

"Wait, before I go. Why is Iris allowed? Not to question you, but that seems against Devil's Rose tradition for outside acquaintances."

"I'm not sending you to do this because I need you to prove yourself to me. Sure, it's a test, but it's a test for you. Do you want this life? Can you control yourself for Devil's Rose? I know Iris has been a new addition to your life that helps you in making these decisions. Take her to talk to her. Figure out what you want and have someone to bounce your shit off of."

"Alpha, I don't want to leave Devil's Rose."

He heaves a sigh, sitting down with me again.

"Reaper was fucking scared of you, Slasher. When you killed that many people, you were fucking covered in blood. From head to toe. Not all of those people needed to die, and they didn't need to die that brutally. 

"We do not kill in Devil's Rose because it feels good. We kill to save, and we kill rarely. That's part of the oath you take to be an official member. You broke it and you broke it big. That tells me you don't want to be here. And honestly, that's okay. If you want to leave, leave. 

"You're better off. But if you want to stay, you cannot hurt others because you are hurt. I don't know much about your past and growing up in this MC. I'm sure you've seen shit. That does not mean you have any right to kill like that again. 

"That's why I'm asking you to truly decide whether you want to be in this club or not. Because you can't do that shit again or I'm going to have to expel you which none of us want."

He rubs his forehead, eyeing me from an angle. Then, he continues his impassioned speech.

"The reason I'm doing this is because I care about you. I want you to do what's good for you. I want to help you make a good decision for yourself. Sometimes we have to walk away from the things that hurt us, and if this hurts you to the point of having to hurt others, I think there's something wrong. Which is why I say bring Iris.