Chapter 1 : The Incident

It was a bright day during the summer holidays. Dad was reading a newspaper while taking a sip of a coffee. Mom was cooking in the kitchen. Little me was having fun watching the TV. It was a peaceful day in the summer. Mom comes to me and serves my favorite dessert, and without any hesitation, I eat 'em while watching the TV. The show ended, so I went to my dad and asked him to take me to the mall.

"Dad, are you busy? Let's go to the mall!".

"Sure, ask your mom if she wants to come too," He said.

So I ask my mom if she wants to. "Mom, let's go to the mall!".

"I have something to do, you two can have some fun without me". Mom said she was busy so we went without her.

We finally arrived at the mall. There were so many people inside the mall. While we walking around I heard someone calling my dad

"Amato!"

It was my father's name. I noticed that it was Dad's friend who just passing by, so I don't mind it. What attracted me at the moment was the arcade game sound.

"Dad, can I go to the arcade center?" I said.

"Okay, but don't go too far and stay around me, okay?".

"Yes, I will, don't worry". I left my dad who was talking to his friend and went to the Arcade Center by myself.

There are so many games in that place, so I was confused about which one to play first. But, with a quick decision, I choose "Ball Drop". It's a game where you push the button, and then the ball falls from a pipe to a random hole below. Each hole has a number which gives you the amount of tickets. When I was about to take the tickets, Dad suddenly came to me with a panic in his face

"Boboiboy!!, let's go home".

I was wondering why so sudden, and we just came here.

"Why? We just arrived 15 minutes ago?".

"Don't talk too much, it's urgent".

Dad grabs my hand and runs to the car. He drives with a worried face, and I could see his eyes are a bit glazed. I'm still wondering what was happening

"Dad, tell me what happened".

Dad shut for a moment and said

"We just got robbed, our house just got robbed".

I was so shocked, the first time I thought it was my mom.

"What about mom?".

"I don't know". His tears are unbearable while on the way.

We arrived home, Dad suddenly ran inside the house and told me to call the police. I called the police, explaining what happened and sending my address. After that, I ran inside the house to see what happened. I was shocked to see all the rooms were messed up. But, the one that I can't ever forget for the rest of my life was Mom lying on the floor with blood coming out of her.

Dad already called the ambulance to take her to the hospital, while grabbing her wound to prevent the blood loss

Dad already called the ambulance to take her to the hospital, while grabbing her wound to prevent the blood loss. The 7 years old I still can't believe what happened. All I can do is just cry in front of my injured mom. It's so hurt to see the wounds are deep, and I can't do anything but wait for the ambulance to come.

After a moment, I heard a siren sound, it was the ambulance. The medics lift my mom into the ambulance and go to the hospital with all haste. I still can't believe what happened, I kept blaming myself that it was my fault.

"It was my fault... It was my fault... If only we didn't go to the mall then this wouldn't happen".

My dad gently hugged me while whispering in my ear

"it's not your fault, son. This is not your fault, if there's someone to blame then it's gonna be those heartless people who did this".

He said that with a hoarse voice, and I could also see the glaze in his eyes. That makes me feel horrible. Even though he said it wasn't my fault, still i can't deny that this happened because we left her home alone. Just after that me and dad drives to the hospital. We suddenly rushed to the emergency and asked the nurse how was it. I was shivering to hear any worst possibility that could happen.

"Sorry sir, she didn't make it. She passed away along the way here".

At that moment my dad falls to his knees, his tears are unbearable. He shouts Mom's name so loud. His voice was so hoarse, that I could hear the voice of regret in his voice. Maybe he was thinking that it was his fault that he couldn't protect her. It's so hurt to see someone you love leave you like this. I was crying, so deep, yet silent. I feel like this might won't happen if we don't leave her. This might not happen if we stay at home. This might not happen if I wasn't born. Maybe my mom could live longer if she didn't give birth to me. My heart is hurt so bad. The regret in my heart will never leave, forever.

After that tragic incident, I just live with my dad. The house is still the same, yet the memories. I always think about what happened that day, what happened after the robber came in, and how he mercilessly stabbed a woman. I always had the scenario inside my head, thinking about what she did at that moment that made the robber do such an evil thing. The feeling of regret never leaves me. I always lived in depression, thinking that I was the problem.

I grew up as a quiet kid, preferring to be alone and hide my tears. Because I know I don't deserve to cry, for the incident I think I made. I didn't say my sorry to my mom before she left me. All I want to say is just, Sorry Mom.

"Boboiboy so sorry".