Chapter 2 : A New Life

10 years passed after the incident, yet still, I can't forgive myself. I'm a high school student right now, just the ordinary ones. Not so smart, and not dumb either. School is just a formality for me.

My seat was near the window, so I could see the view out of my school. It is so relaxing for me to see the trees and the lake out of my window. The class is so quiet because it's on during break time.

"Boboiboy, wanna come to cafetaria?"

Gopal asked me if I wanted to come with him. He was the first friend I had when I came to this school.

"Nah, I'm good. I'll stay here"

My mood isn't really good right now, just prefer to be alone.

"ow, alright then. Do you want something? I'll buy it for you"

"a chocolate milk"

I guess some milk could make me feel better.

"Okay." Gopal left the classroom and now there are just a few people in the class.

What kind of annoyed me was that there was a noise from the front seat, it was Ying and Yaya.

"It's not the answer, how can you be a top student with all of these things". Ying said to Yaya, confiding her answer was correct.

"That's the answer you dummy. I doubt you won the awards by yourself. You must be cheating".

"What did you say?! You don't even know it. What do you think am I huh?"

Both of them are the top students in the school. They have won so many awards. Dozens of their trophies are displayed in the "Hall of Genius".

Hearing them arguing makes me feel embarrassed that I don't have anything to be proud of.

Not after a long time Gopal came back and brought me the chocolate milk.

"There you go, Boboiboy"

"Thanks". I said.

"By the way have you seen the bulletin board?", said Gopal that while eating the french fries he just bought.

"No, why?". Im asking.

"The official group for the study camp has just informed"

"Really? How many people in a group"

I just remembered that we going to have a study camp next week. I don't like camping, but I just hope that everything is going well.

"5 people in a group. And you know what? You and I are in the same group!!!"

Gopal said that with excitement in his eyes. Well, I guess it's not that bad either, at least I have someone close to me in a group.

"You said there are 5 people, so who are the others?"

"I'm not sure, I forgot. Sorry hehe"

He giggles to me.

"Hi Boboiboy, hi Gopal."

Says Yaya come to our conversation.

"Oh Yaya, sup?"

I was a bit nervous because it was the first time I was talking to her. A top student who out of my expectations just came at me.

"We are in the same group".

*Gopal choked on a French fries.

"Gopal drink this!"

*Gulp, gulp.

"We are the same group with Yaya?! That's awesome!" said Gopal excited.

"And do you guys what the good news is? Ying also come with us!"

"YING?!?!"

Me and Gopal are so shocked to hear that. I just know that Yaya and Ying are best friends. Except in academic things, they become rivals when it comes to academics.

"So where is she". I'm asking.

"She is still mad at me, probably because of the science test argument". Yaya said with a bit of guilt.

"Nevermind, don't mind it". Ying stares at us from the front seat.

"I'm not that kind of person, so don't mind it". Ying says with a bit smile on her face.

*Ding-Dong~

The bell rings, it means the break time is over. So everyone came back to class and sat peacefully on their seat waiting for the teacher to come to our class.

"Stand up! Greetings!"

The teacher has come. The class leader commands us to greet the teacher. Good thing that it's a biology class. At least one of my favorites. 2 hours of class passed so fast. It's 2 pm right now and it's time for school ends.

"Gopal, wanna come to my house? Let's play some games."

I asked Gopal wondering if he wanted to.

"Ummm... I'd like to, but I can't. I got a night shift today. Maybe next time, sorry Boboiboy"

Gopal works in a fast food restaurant, he has to do that so he can pay the school fees. Of course, he does still have a parent. But their income isn't enough to live for a month, so Gopal decides to get a job to earn more money.

"Ah that's fine, don't worry. Just tell me if you are free. You could come anytime you want"

Seeing a hardworking high school student makes me feel more embarrassed. While they work for a living, and I have nothing to do. Of course, we had enough money. Dad has a great job. We are not rich, not poor either. Just a standard living family.

*Gopal rides his bicycle and is about to leave the school.

"See you tomorrow-".

*BANG!!!

*Gopal fell from his bike. A bunch of books thrown away. A glass fell to the ground and cracked.

*Someone grunts.

"What are you doing? You stupid pig. You just ruined my day".

I know Gopal is a bit chubby. But he's not that fat, so why he's so mean to him?

"Hey, that's so mean! It was just an accident. You don't have to be like that". I'm on Gopal's side.

"What poor kid like you know about me? Even your shirt smells like shit. Do u even take a bath?". He said that with glares.

It triggers me because of his arrogant character.

"Who do you think you are huh?! Just because you have money doesn't mean you can do anything you want"

"He broke my glasses. Do you have any idea how much it cost?"

"We can pay for it, but you don't have to-"

"I'm sorry, it was my fault. I'll pay for your glasses."

Gopal cuts out our argument.

"It's okay Boboiboy, it was my fault. I have to apologize.

Gopal apologizes with a guilty face.

"Call my number, I'll pay for your glasses"

"That's no need. I doubt people like you could afford it".

He's saying that with a grumpy face.

Not after a long time did he leave us and get in a car. I guess he's already been picked up by someone.